Search results

1. V

Choosing Between a CX-5 and Subaru Forester

When I was shopping, here was my take: Subaru Forester For Turbo engine in XT trim gives great acceleration best AWD system most back seat room Consumer Reports #1 pick Against uncomfortable seats for some, short seat cushions no back up sensors available in any trim some burn oil at 1 qt per...
  2. V

Seat Comfort?

I suggest you do a search in this forum for "seat comfort" in this forum. Several people have complained about it. However, if I were you, I'd try to rent or drive one for a long drive. Every body is unique.
  3. V

Question about how the AWD system actually functions

Oops. Got my Ms and Cs mixed. CX-5 it is. Although an MX-5 would also be nice...
  4. V

Future noob owners

I also plan to buy one. I'll be dumping a 16 year old mini-van. Got my money out of that one.. Goodbye dripping oil..hello zoom**2
  5. V

Rear view camera operation?

Thank you for the reply. I'll bet it can easily be hacked to work while driving forward.
  6. V

Rear view camera operation?

For those of you who have a CX-5 with the rear view camera, a few questions: 1. Does it work only with the car in reverse? 2. Is the image focal length adjustable, i.e. can it be zoomed? 3. Does it look down at the roadway when backing up? Inquiring minds need to know...
  7. V

Question about how the AWD system actually functions

I too was considering a '12 Subaru Impreza hatch but after reading a long thread on the Impreza forum I concluded the real world mileage would be about 21 mpg in the city. That's not good enough. Also, the AWD system from Subaru adds about 200 lbs and if you don't need AWD, why pay for it? The...
  8. V

Is the seat comfortable?

Any updates? I found this thread from last Fall. I may now finally be ready to buy. Any more comments about seat comfort?
  9. V

2008 CX-7 specs

No Aux input? Seems curious that Mazda may not offer an Aux input. I'd bet most customers who would consider this car have an iPod or some other mp3 player. Most competitors offer this feature, and it costs virtually nothing to add. Curious indeed! (killit)
  10. V

Finance or Lease

This is an interesting thread. Ultimately, only you can decide your priorities in life. Just make sure you make the decision with eyes wide open. My observation is that the only one who cares what you drive is you. (thumb) For some people, a new car is very important. For others, it's not...
  11. V

CX-7 Reviews

They reported 14 mpg: http://sapnish.autoblog.com/2007/05/28/in-the-autoblog-garage-2007-mazda-cx-7-gt-awd/
  12. V

CX-7 losing value too quickly

That first drive off the new car lot is indeed, a very expensive drive. But a 31% drop in one year does seem excessive. But why would you want to trade after only 11 months?(uhm)
  13. V

Finance or Lease

Interesting thread Did you know that most people who lease a car never lease another? Leasing makes sense for only a very select group: 1. They lease for a term no longer than the factory warranty. 2. They have an assured income stream that is predictable and not at risk. 3. They may have...
  14. V

Wife got hit on the freeway in the CX-7 :(

I don't know how old you are, but some day you'll realize that it's just a car. All cars eventually end up in a junkyard, some sooner than others. I'm an old guy, 57. My wife and I have had about 4 cars hit during the past 35 years. I learned that as long as nobody was hurt, things were OK. You...
  15. V

Drove in a 2007 Rx350

Years ago, I tested an Acura Legend. Although I'll admit it was a fine car, I just could not justify its price. I asked the salesman why customers bought the car. His answer, "Prestige." Because I've never cared what anybody else thought about what i drive, I had a hard time understanding...
  16. V

POLL: Which option/feature would you like the CX7 to have?

Must have an i-pod input and I'd like the Bose stereo offered as a separate option.
  17. V

guess what?

I remember experiencing this with a rental Chevy in 1986 on the 405 in LA. "Scotty we need full power! Sorry Captain, the reactor is slow this morning!" Shocked to hear about it on a new Mazda!
  18. V

my CX got hit!

Seems lke they alway hit new cars. (pissed) One of my previous cars was rear-ended on its second day. (shocked) My friend's wife had hers hit in its first month.(glare) Makes me want to not buy a new car.
  19. V

MP3 player

Try this one:http://www.crutchfield.com/S-RXxNoD73FWe/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=234550&I=142FMMOD01 read the reviews. It tucks under your dashboard.
  20. V

MP3 player

No. You just need to unplug the co-ax antenna connector to the radio and plug this transmitter in line. Crutchfield has a picture of it on its web site. The only problem you might have is removing the radio from the CX-7 However, you could find an installer.
Back