Search results

1. mazdadude

2013~2016 2016.5 CX-5 AWD just installed tires set #3

I am very hard on my tires, lots of hard cornering, braking and full throttle takeoffs. Not to mention, gravel roads, freeways, dirt roads, or towing a motorcycle trailer. First set were the stock YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR O.E.M. tires. ~24k miles, and then I ended up getting a nice solid 35k miles...
  2. mazdadude

2016.5 AWD CX-5 is getting good MPG's

I have been getting consistently ~1.5-2.0 MPG better mileage the last 6 months both city and highway by changing a small piece my driving technique. Since it was so simple and painless to achieve, I thought I would share my method and results here for others to experiment with. Stop using your...
  3. mazdadude

From Yoko to Yoko: 17" Tire replacement review Yokohama Avid Ascend 225/65/17 102H

From Yoko to Yoko: 17" Tire replacement review Yokohama Avid Ascend 225/65/17 102H After many sleepless nights regarding tire replacement, I decided on replacing the stock OEM Yokohama GEOLANDAR G91A with a tire tuned for more highway and comfort, with greater traction, and better treadwear...
  4. mazdadude

Tire Rotation Poll How do you rotate your tires?

I am curious about your tire rotations, and your schedule. How do you rotate your tires? Rotate every Oil change? Rotate on a separate milage schedule? Rotate as needed by treadwear? Never Rotate?
  5. mazdadude

How-To Perform a PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) on a 2017 Mazda CX-5

Great informative video that documents the PDI process on a 2017 Mazda CX-5 This is the process that is performed by the selling dealer before the car is to be delivered to a customer. https://youtu.be/-pOj9phHfsA
  6. mazdadude

2017.5 MAZDA6 updates announced

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2017-5-mazda6-gets-new-standard-features/?sm_id=organic_fb_MT_trueanthem&utm_campaign&utm_content=59d28cb304d3011380b514d0&utm_medium&utm_source
  7. mazdadude

I am seeing BIG discounts on the Mazda6, but without next years in the showroom?

I was checking out the SALES at the Mazda dealer... all new 2017 Mazda6 in stock at $6500 OFF ! (eek2) What is interesting to me is that this is the first time I can ever recall seeing such a big discount, without having the next years (ie 2018) model also available...
  8. mazdadude

2017 Mazda CX-5 FUEL FILLER DOOR -- Hint of whats to come?

FINALLY got to see and fondle the 2017 CX-5 I have not noticed anyone talk about it yet here. Forgive me if you have... What about that HUGE FUEL FILLER DOOR! (scratch) went from a (estimated) 5 inch circle to a large 6x10 rectangle... Electric/Hybrid future preparedness? (popcorn)
  9. mazdadude

No CD Player Available in new 2017 Mazda CX-5

Looks like there is no place to play your CD's in the new Mazda's. (eek) RIP CD I am wondering if this is disappointing to anyone else but me? (blah)
  10. mazdadude

2017 Mazda CX-5 details on Mazda Website

Here is a link to the Mazda site with lots of info and details and pictures for the All new 2017 CX-5. (guitar) https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/2017-cx-5
  11. mazdadude

Ideas for rich on decel and a hard hot restart?

Upon deceleration from a spirited accel, I have some popping from the exhaust, and bumper around tailpipe is black. Also had an incident where upon a heat soaked restart, after a 30 minute rest, the car acted as if it was flooded. Stumbling and stalling once restatrted and taking some...
  12. mazdadude

MAZDA Spray Paint Code 24A Starry Blue mica / Laser Blue

I have sold the car and did not get to the paint project... Here we have a set of BRAND NEW / NEVER USED Aerosol Cans from popular vendor PAINTSCRATCH.com. 1 Can of Mazda #24A STARRY BLUE MICA / LASER BLUE Spray Paint $26 1 Bottle of Mazda #24A STARRY BLUE MICA / LASER BLUE Touch up Paint...
  13. mazdadude

2002-2003 Protege 5 New Rear Brake Parts Swar Bar bushings NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

2002-2003 Protege 5 New Rear Brake Parts NORTHERN CALIFORNIA Sold the Protg 5, but I have some parts left. Thanks for looking... (drinks) Here we have a complete Rear Brake setup for the 2002-2003 Protege5 $80 Shipped for All 4 of the new brake parts, which includes the PADS, ROTORS, and...
  14. mazdadude

2003 Laser Blue Protege5 152k miles, needs head gasket soon, STOCK CA car NO RUST

This is a 2003 Mazda Protege5 in Laser Blue, it is completely stock, 152k miles, AUTOMATIC. Factory Sub in trunk Lots of new parts under the hood, but electric radiator fan went out and now the car consumes coolant slowly. #2 sparkplug shows it has been burning some coolant. Thinking it is...
  15. mazdadude

What is it worth? SELL or get it Fixed? 2003 Protege5 Laser Blue 152k

I picked up a clean but deferred maintenance Protege5... 2003 152k miles, Laser Blue, Automatic. No rust, paint good, just needed Struts and fender. I have taken care of all of the plugs, coils, wires, solenoids, electric coolant fan, battery, and now this happens.... It has been acting oddly...
  16. mazdadude

The All New 2017 Mazda CX-5 to be previewed at November LA Auto show?

Please delete, old news (attention)
  17. mazdadude

WTB: Protege5 LH Drivers Side Fender Laser Starry Blue

Looking for a DRIVERS SIDE / Left Hand fender for 2002.5 and 2003 in the Laser Blue / Starry Blue 24A Paint code. Thanks for your help!
  18. mazdadude

All New 2016 Mazda CX-9 is now in production

Looks like Feb 11th was the first day of production for the new CX-9... Countdown to USA begins... http://www.autonews.com/article/20160212/OEM01/160219946/mazda-launches-cx-9-production-in-japan?CSAuthResp=1%3A973600642720866%3A423310%3A17%3A24%3Aapproved%3A2624EFDEE0B7B58106D1A436FD3A563A
  19. mazdadude

Does your MPG meet your expectations?

Does your MPG meet your expectations? FAIL, MEET, EXCEEDS Do you have a 2.0L or 2.5L engine? 2.0L, 2.5L Do you have FWD Front wheel drive, or AWD All wheel drive? FWD, AWD
  20. mazdadude

Looking for a little tighter response and lower stance, but still comfortable

I want a small drop, and to stay with 17 inch, or within a +1 on the wheel/tires combo. (uhm) I want things just a little tighter feeling than now, a little closer to a mazda6 feeling. Bad back prohibits anything bouncy, harsh, jarring, so I need to keep it very mild. Would love to hear from...
Back