Search results

1. W

Am I missing something here?

I was putting something in the back of the Mazda5 today, when I noticed that there appears to be a rather large hole in the rear glass where the rear wiper arm extends out. I'm 99% sure there should be some sort of gasket here to keep water out of the hatch. But since I don't have another...
  2. W

"Burnt" smell coming from under the hood

So back in June I posted a thread about how I had smoke coming out of the back of the Mazda5 when I was climbing through the mountains of SW PA in 3rd gear. Well, I took the car back to the dealership and they couldn't find anything wrong, blah, blah, blah... Well now it has been super hot in...
  3. W

Conversion from cartridge filter to screw on filter - Should I do it?

A while back, I saw somewhere out there in cyber space, a link on converting the Mazda3's 2.3L cartridge filter to a screw on filter using a parts/adapter kit from the Mazda6 2.3L engine. I drop my Mazda5 (which has the same 2.3L engine as the Mazda3) off at the dealership this morning for an...
  4. W

Don't use your automanual when climbing steep grades

So we're driving back from Pittsburgh on Sunday, and I thought it would be fun to take a detour through SW PA and come back on I-68. We stopped at Uniontown, PA to fill up with gas and feed the kids, and on the way out of town, there was a long climb up a bill hill/short mountain. I used the...
  5. W

Autoweek compares a 5 Touring to a Chevy HHR ?!?!

So I got my latest copy of Autoweek in the mail yesterday and there was a comparson test between a 5 Touring to a Chevy HHR. Here is the link to the story. http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060605/FREE/60526002/1012 So bottom line, the 5 wins because of better utility and...
  6. W

Things I've hit with my Mazda5/things that have hit my Mazda5

I was driving home to Northern, VA from MD last night when I hit two birds in flight. In my 20 years of driving, this was the first time I have ever hit birds...not to mention birds in flight. (I don't have any good encounters with wildlife. Two years ago, I hit a 8 point buck coming home...
  7. W

Where do you keep your change in the Mazda5?

This is a random question. But where do you keep your loose change in the Mazda5? In my old Mazda3, there was a decent sized ashtray in front of the shifter where I can stash my loose change and access it easily. But the Mazda5 doesn't come with an ashtray (or if it does, I haven't found...
  8. W

Mazda5 Sightings...

So we've owned our Mazda5 for over a month now, and I finally saw, not just one, but two Mazda5's on the road this weekend in Leesburg, VA. On Saturday, I saw a strato blue Mazda5 heading North on Rt 15 and then on Sunday I saw a stellar greensilver Mazda5 heading down Sycolin. Leesburg is not...
  9. W

Battery Saver Feature?

So, I did a really boneheaded thing this past weekend. We got home after a long day of shopping and pulled the Mazda5 into the garage. I took my sleeping son in and totally forgot to close the rear passenger door. So I go into the garage the next morning to grab something and found car...
  10. W

Will the Mazda5 Front Splash Guards fit the Touring model?

Doe anyone know if the front splash guards sold as an accessory for the Mazda5 will fit the Touring model? I use to own a Mazda3 where the splash guards sold by Mazda will only fit the i models, because the s models has the extra side sill extension. Does this hold true for the Mazda5 as well...
Back