Search results

1. W

On my way to Disney...Mileage report!

So do you feel that the savings from the meals plan is worth the hassle?
  2. W

Can I ask what aspect of Disney did you not like and which part you like? I haven't been there in ages, and I have never been there with kids. So I am curious to get a first hand perspective versus the what all the literature and stuff that Disney sent me said.
  3. W

True, it's beautiful country out there. I have buddy in Coeur D'Alene that I go snowmobiling with when I'm out there. :)
  4. W

Not to mention one of the coldest. :) My wife is from Spokane, and we make the trip a couple of times a year... I swear it has snowed every time I have been out there.
  5. W

So how far did you manage to make it on the first day before the kids couldn't take it anymore?
  6. W

Sounds like fun! I would love to hear about your experiences reading the drive to Disney (e.g., what roads to avoid, where to stay, how do the kids handle a long drive, etc.). We're are contemplating a drive from DC to Disney early next year.
  7. W

transmission, to flush or not to flush?

So got the transmission flushed today. Good part: Noticeable different in shifting and acceleration (seat of the pants). Bad part: I'm kinda surprised that Mazda transmission fluid only lasted 25k miles
  8. W

Mazda5 Privacy Glass?

If memory serves me correctly, privacy windows that come with the CRV is just colored glass and when broken, the glass will shatter and fly everywhere. The tinted windows on the 5 will have a film on the inside of the window, so when broken, it will prevent the glass from flying everywhere. I...
  9. W

transmission, to flush or not to flush?

So was there a noticeable difference in how the AT shifts now? I also have a question for the folks who changed the transmission fluid... did your transmission fluid have a slightly "burnt" smell to it? The AT fluid color in our 06 Mazda5 is a light red in color, but if I check the AT fluid...
  10. W

"Runaway smash hit" (?)

Ahmen to that! I took the TSB for the hesitation and squeaking front suspension in to my dealer. He performed both fixes, and the next day the MZ5 stalled 3 times while driving down the road. Took it back, and they can't reproduce the problem...fortunate for us, it appears that MZ5 to have...
  11. W

"Runaway smash hit" (?)

So does this means those of us who got ours back in 05 was just way ahead of the pack... :)
  12. W

Dumb AC question

You can probably do it yourself if you had a Mazda5 service manual. I got a coupon from the dealer for an a/c filter change, so I had them do it when I dropped it off for an oil change.
  13. W

Dumb AC question

Two things. 1. point the vents towards the ceiling, for two reasons: a) hot air rises, and cold air falls, so by pointing the vent up, you can cool the hottest air first b) it will also get cold air back into the back faster 2. Check the in cabin a/c filter. I just had the one in my 06...
  14. W

Edmunds.com 2008 Subaru Exiga GT review

Even if it does get 20 mpg, I suspect it takes premium gas because of the 2.0 turbo engine...premium gas is running around $4.45 here in Northern VA... I'm not sure I can afford to put gas in that sucker... Though I am interested in the concept. I'm one of the few folks who likes hatchbacks...
  15. W

Competition from the Dodge Journey

We looked at SXT AWD as a possible replacement for our 2000 CRV. I was not impressed by it. The dash looked like crap...almost like the design shop realized at the last minute that they forgot to put gauges on it and just drop a gauge cluster on top of the dash. I wasn't impressed by the...
  16. W

Why there is no trip computer?

A couple years back, I remember seeing a thread about how to "unlock" the trip computer function on Mazda3's. I never bother checking to see if would work in the 5. Maybe it's already there and we just need to figure out how to access it?
  17. W

Antenna Mod/Swap

Ditto here (on the CX-7 antenna). I have not experience any reception issues...
  18. W

Farewell to a Mazda 5

Glad to hear everyone is doing ok. Don't forget to have the insurance company pay for new car seats for the kids.
  19. W

mazda5 identy crisis: what does your title say?

Wagon in Virginia
  20. W

(attn) 2009 Mazda5 available in late September

So I saw on Edmunds.com the new Ford Escape Hybrid is getting a new 2.5l four cylinder engine for 2009. I am 99% sure the Ford Escape Hybrid uses a Mazda engine. So does this mean Mazda will be coming out with a new 2.5l engine in 09 and will it make its way into the 09 Mazda5?
Back