Search results

1. H

Subwoofer that fits on top of the spare tire (Crutchfield)

I was looking at the new Spring 2019 Crutchfield ad and their technician had a write-up about how he put a subwoofer in his Mazda5. If anybody is looking for a clean fit for a subwoofer, it's the JBL Basspro Hub, a circular 11" powered subwoofer that fits into the center of the spare tire, 200...
  2. H

Car shakes at 55-65 mph after new suspension / alignment + alignment question

2009 Mazda 5 Sport. I just paid a mechanic to install the KYB suspension parts from this list: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=214666&d=1470238937 Went with gas-a-just for rear shocks. Added the SPS-67420 rear upper control arms and new front sway bar. Had an...
  3. H

What is this part? Near wheel / leaking, pics.

I was changing my oil tonight and noticed something leaking near the passenger front wheel, and I'm not quite sure what it is. The same part on the driver's side was normal (not leaking). I'll probably end up having my mechanic deal with it unless you think it is relatively easy to fix...
  4. H

Best place to buy a new engine splash shield?

2009 Sport. I had done every single oil change on my Mazda5 with Mobil 1 synthetic. My wife decided to help by taking the Mazda to Wal-Mart for an oil change, without my knowledge (she drives it, I drive something else). They threw away the splash shield rather than try to figure out how to...
  5. H

So... is www.mazdav.com no longer working?

When I type it in as www.mazdav.com it tells me that the domain name is for sale, www.mazdas247.com still works though. Is www.mazdav.com coming back?
  6. H

Grrr... oil in my spark plug hole (on my Accord)

I'm taking a 1,000 mile (total) trip tomorrow and wanted to get my '99 Accord on the highway for some extended driving. I picked up a new rotater cap and rotor, and new spark plug wires. Cap / rotor, no problem. On the spark plugs the first three had some oil residue, but the fourth well...
  7. H

Ever wonder how much an extended warranty costs?

I got a letter from my local dealer for an extended warranty since my factory warranty will end in February (36 months). So I called, here are the details: Duration: 4 years / 48,000 miles (after the Mazda warranty ends) Covers parts, labor, diagnostics after a $100 deductible per visit Does...
  8. H

Check your email for a $25 Mazda test drive offer

I got an email from Mazda entitled "Exclusive Mazda Owner Loyalty Offer", it includes an offer for a $25 Visa gift card for test driving a Mazda. If you receive any email from Mazda chances are you have this too. I'll be doing it tomorrow. I'm kind of curious to see how the Mazda3 handles...
  9. H

US$70 for black lug nut? (Discount Tire)

I just ordered some new tires and rims for my '09 Mazda5 - I think I got a good deal but the only thing I'm questioning after the fact is the price for blackened lug nuts. US$70 total, or $17.50 per wheel. Here are the wheels, Drag DR-34. My Mazda5 is red, I think that the red ring on the...
  10. H

Where is the front blower motor?

'09 Mazda5 Sport Long story short - I apparently had a mouse living in my cabin filter compartment who chewed a hole through the cabin filter. Some debris from the mouse's nest blew into the blower motor jamming it. All I knew was that my blower motor had stopped and that my Mazda5 was under...
  11. H

Black OEM Mazda6 wheels?

I was at the dealer today dropping my Mazda5 off for a factory recall (power steering pump) and the car in front of me was a Mazda6 with black Mazda OEM wheels. Very sharp looking. I've done some searches but can't find them anywhere. Were there ever black OEM wheels for the Mazda6 (which...
  12. H

Repost, please delete

Repost, please delete In the meantime...
  13. H

Problem with my Mazda5 rolling down my driveway overnight

I moved into a new house last October which has a driveway with a slope: Twice in the past couple of weeks the Mazda5 has been left parked by the garage, and has slipped down by the sidewalk overnight, maybe 15 feet. This morning the back end was hanging over the sidewalk when it was parked...
  14. H

Insurance Rates Going Up (State Farm Insurance)

In February I will have had my '09 Sport for one year and recently received an insurance renewal notice. State Farm Insurance has changed the group in which the Mazda5 is rated. From my notice: The result was that my insurance bill went from about $175 to $201 for six months. Liability...
  15. H

Mazda5 New Head Unit / Speaker Installation ('09 Sport)

I’m in the process of replacing my head unit as well as all four speakers in my ’09 Sport. The head unit is the JVC KD-S100, the speakers are Infinity Reference Speakers (one component – 6820cs, the other just 2-way speakers, 6822cf). Got a good package deal - $230 with kit, harness, etc from...
  16. H

Are kits for '06/'07 same as '08/'09? (manual vs. auto climate control)

I have an '09 Mazda5 Sport which has the automatic climate control. I picked up a new radio from Crutchfield but the kit that came with it is for the '06 / '07 Mazda5 with manual climate control (says so on the package). Will this work for my '09? I just got it about a week ago. The guy at...
  17. H

Looking for overhead DVD player installation instructions

Does anybody have the instructions for installing the Mazda OEM DVD player? Once it gets warm Ill be buying an overhead DVD Player, probably the Alpine, and will be installing it myself. If I have the Mazda instructions it will make the installation of the aftermarket one that much easier...
  18. H

Insurance rates for the Mazda5

A very nice thing about the Mazda5 is the insurance rate this is the lowest of any new vehicle I checked. Here is what I carry: Liability: 100k/300k with 100k property damage Comprehensive: $250 deductible Collision: $500 deductible Uninsured / Underinsured: 100k/300k Keeping in mind that I...
  19. H

Shaking 2nd row seat / high RPMs for a given speed?+

I bought a new '09 Sport with manual transmission today, already have a couple of issues. 1. The 2nd row seat behind the driver shakes. The following video was taken at about 65 mph on a flat, smooth interstate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMyzCh0YMOk When watching the video, notice how...
  20. H

Is it possible to move the driver's seat back a couple of inches?

The driver’s seat, even in the backmost position, seems too close to the steering wheel and pedals (I’m 6’2”), even with the seat in the backmost position. And when I say “is it possible”, I mean can I literally drill new holes and mount the seat further back or is there another method like...
Back