Search results

1. W

Rear Wheel Camber is Eating Tires

Hey guys it been a while. Well, we traded in our 5 almost a year ago for a small SUV with 4 overlapping rings on the grill. At trade-in last year the 5 had less than 57K miles, but ever since some older guy clipped her driver's rear back in 2014 I was looking for a reason to get something...
  2. W

Correct, 360 degree is a full turn. Funny how others said the camber was not the problem with this car but miraclously 3.5 years later with the adjustable arms installed I no longer have any problems with rear tire wear.
  3. W

This was my post from 5/6/09 of how I pre adjusted the length of the arms: Everthing is looking good since installing the SPC adjustable arms. I decided not to waste any more money on another alignment because the van's ride is smoother, the rearend is now more stable on rough roads and tire...
  4. W

Franzy, I am still on the factory spings. The SPC arms were first installed on the factory suspension with 19" wheels and to this day the rear suspension has NEVER had to be adjusted from the pre-install settings I did when the arms were installed. I later installed a set of Koni FDS on the...
  5. W

#67420, you will need 2ea. Got mine online from OUTPERFORMANCE SHOP. but that was in April 2009 so I'm not sure if their prices are still competitive. edit... found a better price here. If your purchase exceeds $199 shipping is free...
  6. W

what are the front OEM 2006 shocks absorbers? gas or oil filled?

Yeap, the passsenger side motor mount is filled with a gel and it tears and oozes down the frame rail.
  7. W

I used an open end wrench using small 1/4 turns till it finally backed out. Update: Its been over two years since installing the SPC arms and the rear tires are still wearing evenly. ****My latest problem: since the "freezing sliding door recall" was performed the rear passenger sliding door...
  8. W

Strut/Shock Options

Got my Koni FSD's this week. P/N:2100-4045; label says manufactured 2/19/2010. However I don't plan on installing them for at least another two months since the alignment is still spot on and the only concern right now is the mushy ride quality and excessive body lean which my wife don't even...
  9. W

The Tire Wear Problem Thread

It is the adjustable upper control arm you will need if you are correcting the rear camber. But these are non-adjustable. What are you trying to do? http://www.finishlineperformance.com/store/home.php?cat=371
  10. W

Strut/Shock Options

I've been waiting since later December. My last update 3 week ago was that the factory was suppose to ship directly to me last week. I'm in no rush since my original plan was to do the install in June so if nothing shows by the end of this month I'll call the vendor for another update.
  11. W

I can't believe it's been over 10 month since I installed the arms. There has absolutely no problems with rear tire wear and no inpending need for any type of alignment check or tire rotation. I probably could have saved over $1200 in alignments and tires if Mazda had stepped up and corrected...
  12. W

Mazda5 Tires: Issues & Replacement Recommendations

We got a set of the Continental ExtremeContact DWS's in a 235-35-19 and we love them. The ride is smoother and less suspension noise transmit to the cabin. My wife been lovin' them the past few days with all the rain here in San Diego. **Highly recommended tire and much lighter than other...
  13. W

Mazda 5 Alignment

Welcome to Mazda5 world of numorous alignments, been there...
  14. W

2006 Mazda 5 Battery Type

I like the Optima Red Tops. Three of my cars have one installed currently. I also had one in my '98 Subaru Impreza for 8+ years, (low mileage with lots of short trips). My 5 still has the factory battery now over 4 years w/ 22K miles.
  15. W

Mine is a MY06. The tire wear is still even across the threads, no sign of needing another alignment check for a long time. What seems to be working for me is whatever toe setting the Mazda dealer last dialed in along with the SPC arms which I installed myself. As far as I'm concerned my 5 is...
  16. W

post recall acceleration from stop too abrupt

Early production 2006. It was much smoother before the exhaust recall. The difference was immediately noticable when we got the car back from the dealer.
  17. W

That the same type wear I was experiencing but I replaced mine before they wore that far. Strange...my toe was never that far off as yours but I still had the same wear pattern. In my case it wasn't toe I had really bad excessing camber. Since installing the SPC arms my tire finally wear...
  18. W

TPMS + switching wheels?

I can say for sure that any wheel installed on a MZ5 Touring without the TPMS valve stems will cause the dash light to stay on, (I taped over it with blacked-out painter's tape to reduce any potential adhesive transfer when I remove it later on). My '06 stayed on for 3+ years and the dealer...
  19. W

Well, I saw it mentioned here in the 3 and the 5 forums. I also did some online searching a ran across a few references to it as the same arm for the Ford Focus and the S40 Volvo. And finally I visited their site www.spcperformance.com which did not help at all. I also searched online and...
  20. W

I'm finally happy again with my MY2006 van since discovering I had a rear tire problems in Oct 2005. As you all know Mazda USA left me hanging so I purchased the SPC arms for $210 and did the install myself. I checked every step twice since this was all new to me and was able to complete the...
Back