Search results

1. D

2002 Protege Satisfied Pro Performance Rear Brake Pads - SOLD

2002 Protege Satisfied Pro Performance Rear Brake Pads Cleaning out my garage. New, unopened set of rear pads for a 2002 Protege ES. Just want to get rid of them. List Date: 5/5/2013 For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2002 Protege Satisfied Pro Performance Rear Brake...
  2. D

The Chiketkd/ Katya4me/ Moxnix G-Stock MSP thread

FWIW, when i ran my ES in (what was then) STS, my setup was the MSP suspension with the stock ES/P5 front bar. the car rotated wonderfully and had zero wheelspin (which had been awful on the stock suspension).
  3. D

Sloppy handling - back end loose - ideas?

(huh) If the rear is "planted", how is the car oversteering? Are you saying the rear would step out, but in a controlled manner? I'm not being facetious, I'm curious as to what you mean. Also, are you saying you guys are coming out w/ a rear swaybar for the 2, or a replacement for the...
  4. D

Sulfur/rotten egg smell

Ty, agreed. we've bought our last two Mazdas from NuCar...too bad it's over an hour from our house. hope to see you in the spring at Philly SCCA events!
  5. D

Sulfur/rotten egg smell

mystery solved. bad AWD transfer case. after the closest Mazda dealer (John Kennedy in Conshohocken, PA) blew us off, we tried a different dealership (NuCar in New Castle, DE) -- actually, the dealer we bought the car from. heading out that morning, we noticed a metallic scraping/grinding...
  6. D

Oil Change

on some cars, sure. definitely not on all of them. i think the CX-9's filter location is perfect; don't even have to jack up the car to change the filter, and i don't need to fit my hand in past hot engine parts to reach it. *shrug*
  7. D

New owner, coming from a CX-7

we bought our CX-9 ('10 Touring AWD) after the lease on our '07 CX-7 (AWD Touring) ended. while the 9 doesn't handle quite as well as the 7, it's still pretty nimble. also, the V6 is really nice and it's got the extra space we were looking for, and seems like it's a strp up in interior...
  8. D

Post here if you would buy a CX-9 Exhaust

i'd be interested.
  9. D

Would you buy a MAZDASPEED2?

i would buy a Mazdaspeed 2 in a heartbeat. should be an easy thing to do...drop in whatever engine is used in the Miata (a 6-speed would be nice, too), tighten up the suspension, and (most importantly) keep the weight gain to a minimum. an MS2 doesn't need to be some crazy-horsepower, over the...
  10. D

trying to buy CX-7 and MPG question for FWD model.

my wife had a 2007 Touring AWD, and we both thought the CX-7 was an awesome car. we averaged ~17 in city driving and ~23 on the highway.
  11. D

Sulfur/rotten egg smell

OK, so the gas company guy just showed up. the town watch was walking by and called the gas company b/c they thought there was a gas leak. yeah, it was our car, which was just sitting at the curb.
  12. D

Sulfur/rotten egg smell

bazooka- i found that same TSB. the CX9 is not listed, but in any event the smell is incredibly bad. my wife just got home tonight and her clothes reek of sulfur. and she's pregnant, so i'm pretty pumped about this whole thing.
  13. D

Sulfur/rotten egg smell

Has anyone else experienced a strong sulfur (rotten egg) smell from their CX-9? we've had ours for about a year and ~10,000 miles. recently it's developed a very strong sulfur smell, which is especially noticeable by the driver's side front wheel and in the exhaust. the dealer tells us that...
  14. D

How the AWD works in the CX-9

i can tell you that both the CX-7 and CX-9 AWD systems work brilliantly in the snow. our CX-7 lease ended in December, and we replaced it with an AWD CX-9. we got socked here in Philly this past winter, and even on old all-seasons, our CX-7 plowed through 12" inches of fresh snow with no...
  15. D

new '10 CX-9

it's definitely a quieter ride, although the 7 wasn't exactly loud (at least compared to my current and previous cars, an RX-8 and an autoX'd 91 miata on 550lb springs). ;) wife misses the turbo kick, though. her car before the 7 was a turbo Saab, so she's had boost for a long time. so...
  16. D

new '10 CX-9

we just got into a Stormy Blue 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD after our CX-7 lease ended. first impressions...wow! once you get used to the higher seating and lighter steering, the 9 handles just like the 7. i was really surprised and impressed as how well the 9 hustles. the 7 had great moves for its...
  17. D

AutoXing a 2003 Mazda Protege ES

yep, yep, yep. all of that. a bigger rear bar works wonders on the wheelspin issue. but the car is a blast to drive in any configuration.
  18. D

Thinking about jumping into STS(2)

Koni Sports are OK up to 500-550lbs. with 550s on the front, i am happy w/ my Sports, but wouldn't go any stiffer on them, and would step up to Race valving if i was going to get very serious in STS. (as it is, i'll probably jump in an NC miata to the new proposed STR class.) the miata has...
  19. D

Thinking about jumping into STS(2)

for ES, the R ('94-'97) is the way to go. expect to pay ~$5K or more for a clean one. for CS, a '99 w/ the Sport package is a great choice. for STS...my advice would be to buy the nicest one ('90-'97) you can afford. you can get a well-prepped STS miata for $4-5k, or a decently-prepped one...
  20. D

Dual duty guys

i hear you. but while i'd have no qualms about autoXing my daily driver, i probably wouldn't track anything i couldn't afford to walk away from.
Back