Search results

1. D

Infotainment Screen Angle / Glare

Where is the glare located on the windshield at night? I've never noticed, so i'm guessing it's not really somewhere you'd really be looking while driving. Rather than tilting the screen, can you fabricate a little shield/hood for the top of the screen to block the reflection? Something out...
  2. D

Hitch Installation on 2018 CX-9 -- lower panel safe to remove?

There are two "tower" brackets that go from the frame to the bumper. These brackets are also what the trim plate attaches to. Those brackets get reinstalled without the trim plate and connect to the bumper to prevent it from vibrating after the hitch gets installed. That's what I experienced...
  3. D

Google Maps on Android Auto - Night mode?

The new android auto has solved this issue! The maps are now correctly displaying in day and night mode!
  4. D

Can't reset Service past due reminder 2017

I've been getting this also. When going into the vehicle status/maintenance, I have "scheduled service" turned off and the oil change at "flexible" and tire rotations set to "7500mi" The oil change and tire rotation still show I have remaining miles. But when I go back to scheduled service...
  5. D

2016~2023 Yakima Showcase 15 Quicksilver

Thanks for the pics! It doesn't look like it, but just to confirm, the trunk door can fully open without any interference from the roofbox? And this is with the OEM crossbars?
  6. D

Straight 6 skyactiv-x engine in development

So what types of products would you guys like to see from a inline 6 powered, RWD/AWD, longitudinal engine layout? Most obvious type of product is some sort of sedan like their Vision Coupe concept. https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/vehicle-page/vision-coupe/ But I don't think that would be a...
  7. D

Tried playing around with the max light setting and it was already one click below. It didn't make a difference when going back and forth between the max and not. I also switched the headlights to all positions, parking lights, on, Auto, high beams and the maps still stayed in day mode. This...
  8. D

Thanks! I'll give that a try and report back.
  9. D

I noticed that when using Google Maps on Android Auto, the maps don't go to night mode when it gets dark. I couldn't find any settings in Android Auto, but in Google Maps there is a Auto, Day and Night setting. I have it set to auto. When using Google Maps on the phone itself, it will...
  10. D

Anyone have experience with a convertible car seat for baby?

Glad it worked out for you! Just curious, is the car seat touching the backs of the front seats? Or is the car seat narrow enough to fit in between?
  11. D

I did not try to install the car seats in the middle. Since the passenger seat has to be pushed so far forward, I was suspecting that the car seat would touch the drivers seat at my driving position. It's recommended that there is about an inch/finger gap between the car seat and the front...
  12. D

Sry about the pics. I had the album set to private, just made it public for everybody to see. I actually never really considered the Marathon, mainly just because wirecutter recommended the Boulevard. But some quick research: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKvzUsUmffQ Apparently the...
  13. D

Smart city brake system

I don't think these systems are specific to the front or rear wheels. However, there are definitely differences between SCBS and Advanced SCBS. Not sure about the differences between the years, but you can just look up to see which trim and year combination has which system available. For...
  14. D

I have a 8 month old that currently uses a convertible car seat. Surprisingly, the infant carrier and rear facing convertible car seat take the same amount of room. We put the car seat behind the passenger seat, so the passenger seat is pushed forward quite a bit. I can just about squeeze in...
  15. D

Cargo Space??

2013-2016.5 cx5 are the same generation, so the cargo area should be the same. Would be good to double check the minimum width of the distance between your wheel wells. If the table can lay flat there, I would think it will leave plenty of space for 4 chairs laying down with the seat bottoms...
  16. D

Cargo Space??

What year CX5 do you have? I have a 2014 CX5 and my "cargo" measurements are these with the rear seats folded down. Narrowest width of the cargo area is 41" wide, between the rear wheel wells. Length is about 65" from the inside of the hatch to the back of the front seats. Height at it's...
  17. D

What new Mazda is coming?

I think the difference here would be width. CX8 is a longer CX5, but not wider like the CX9 is. I think the market they might aim for is a shortened CX9. So, yes, a bloated Cx5 in width and length.
  18. D

2019 CX-5 2.5L vs. 2.5T

I think the regular 2.5 would be "enough", but you have to be willing to rev the engine high in those situations. With the 2.5T, the power will just seem much more effortless. I have a 2014 CX5 with the 2.5 and a 2018 CX9, so I've felt the difference. Sadly, after getting used to the CX9...
  19. D

What new Mazda is coming?

New CX-3 might make sense, but would they be profitable enough when being built in the US? Or would something like a CX-7 (a shortened 2 row version of the CX-9, a-la new honda passport or the new chevy blazer) make more sense with potentially higher profit margins? If honda/ford/chevy see...
  20. D

16+ CX9 Snow chains/snow cables

It would be good to buy a set and give it a try yourself. This is what I experience for the super z style cable chains. You can try a different brand or style and see if they may fit better with more clearance. At this point, after my initial fitting , I would be comfortable using them in the...
Back