Search results

1. J

2007~2015 Mazda CX-9 water pump replacement/service expected costs?

Thanks for all the advice! I will try to remember to keep an eye on the levels at this point. Sounds like it's not an "immediate failure" type of situation at least in most cases. In terms of leaking oil - I had the 'opposite' problem with the last shop I was going to. They overtightened and...
  2. J

In terms of timeframe and when change all this, what do you recommend?
  3. J

I'm not sure what other work needs to be done at the current mileage (107k). I'm not great about records and keeping track of and top of these kinds of things (probably because I have taken for granted what was done before and just assumed that it was well-taken care of...which I think it was...
  4. J

Hey all, Looking for some recent reference points from anyone who has done water pump replacement service on their CX9. I have a 2008 Grand Touring V6 model and I am keenly aware of the water pump/engine failure issue that has been circulating. It has been concerned and I really don't want to...
  5. J

2007~2015 Stripped and epoxied bolt on CX-9 oil pan?

Thank Thanks! Which HF pump is it on their site again? I looked but couldn't find anything. I have a manual transfer pump from them, Multi-Use Transfer Pump, but I imagine it would take forever to pump everything out. Someone else had suggested this one though -...
  6. J

2007~2015 Stripped and epoxied bolt on CX-9 oil pan?

Hey guys, So I was attempting to do my first DIY oil change on our '08 CX9 (AWD/GT Model) and the bolt just didn't want to budge. I went to the extent of pulling out my Milwaukee stubby 3/8" and going at it but the thing appears to be stuck on there. I'm suspecting that at some point...
  7. J

Ignition Coil Order Mazda CX-9 2008 AWD Grand Touring

Hi all, Can anyone confirm the ignition coil order in the Mazda CX9 2008 AWD Grand Touring v6? I think 4-6 are in the front and 1-3 are in the back (and under the manifold?). Ignition Coil E (#5 I believe) has gone bad and I'm looking to replace it.
  8. J

2007~2015 2008 CX9 Suggestions for multimedia receiver, backup cam, etc?

Maybe the Sony XAV-AX100 ? I don't need a super fancy one - just something that looks pretty good. The biggest use cases are: bluetooth phonecalls, navigation via Google Maps preferably wirelessly, backup camera support with the parking assist guide lines, and streaming music. EDIT: It looks...
  9. J

2007~2015 2008 CX9 Suggestions for multimedia receiver, backup cam, etc?

Hey all, Just picked up my brother's old 2008 CX9 which has the stock radio in it. I'd like to put in a multimedia receiver preferably with Android Auto and also a backup cam. Also don't want to completely break the bank since it is an older model year. Just looking for something that I can use...
Back