Search results

1. T

Anyone Here Get Their 2.5T Tuned Yet?

And just for reference, my previous car was a 2016 Mustang GT with a Ford Performance Power Pack 2 (installed by dealer, registered for warranty), using hydrogenated DLC coatings to increase power as well. Power Pack 2 was rated for 455 HP (up from the stock 435HP), but I was making about 475 HP...
  2. T

What's your winter rim/tire setup?

Depending on where you live, there are different focuses for snow tires. Here in Ohio we get frequent snow, but it also frequently melts, so it rarely stays around and continues to pile up for more than a few days. I place more of an emphasis on dry cold weather handling (low temps) than...
  3. 20190629_112107_HDR.jpg

20190629_112107_HDR.jpg

4. 20190629_123530.jpg

20190629_123530.jpg

5. 20190629_121800.jpg

20190629_121800.jpg

6. T

Anyone Here Get Their 2.5T Tuned Yet?

My point is at what cost? On a daily driver, especially something you might tour half the country with, any sort of dyno tuning is NOT going to come anywhere near a full data pack calibration method used during real time driving condition, altitude, various fuel octanes, load conditions...
  7. T

CX-9 2.5T Engine Replacement

According to Mazda, it's still 250 HP / 320 ft-lbs...:https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/2020-cx-9/compare-vehicle-specs-and-trims As far as I know there is no change the overall output of the engine. However it is normal for them to change things year to year as issues are discovered. And...
  8. T

CX-9 2.5T Engine Replacement

You all should go over to the Mustang6g forum and see how many 2.3L Ecoboost engines went belly up (although about half of them were stupid people flashing the PCM with some yahoo who thinks he can tune map an engine in 1 hour on a dyno...). Then there's the 5.0...oh boy it's actually worse...
  9. T

Has anyone done a DIY oil change on a 2.5T (turbo)?

Yet one more reason for regular oil changes with a good quality oil, it doesn't have to be a boutique oil like Amsoil, Redline, Driven etc. Just a good quality group 3 or 3+ synthetic like Valvoline, Penzoil, Mobil 1 etc. That is also another good case for applications of hydrogenated DLC...
  10. T

1st gen CX-9 transmission protection?

Why not just have the dealer do the flush? Then it's on them. The OP can then test drive the vehicle first after the change to ensure they didn't over / under full it before doing anything further. If something is off they will deal with it.
  11. T

And to give you yet more legitimacy against the common meme of "anything added to your motor or transmission oil is automatically snake oil", I once again challenge the nay-sayers to discredit the following attachments. I do NOT get paid by TriboTEX in any way, shape or form. I am merely...
  12. T

I would not recommend additives that chemically alter the transmission oils properties. But there are other more effective solutions that can accomplish the same thing, aka Hydrogenated DLC coatings. Some auto manufacturers are using vapor deposition methods to coat rubbing pairs with...
  13. T

Engine coolant leak 2016-2020 CX-9 Signature

Problems like these are a good case for extended warranties (100k or more on power-train). You can find issues with ANY brand or make of car, low mileage, high mileage etc. If it's made by man it can and will fail at some point. No matter how good the car brand is, there's a lot that goes into...
  14. T

I wanted to add some additional thoughts on motor oil viscosity. I believe this is an idiotic approach to better fuel economy. Thinner oils have a higher tendency to get past the oil control rings (meaning the engine is more likely to burn more oil), have reduced film thickness and film strength...
  15. T

And if we really want to get technical, oil viscosity has everything to do with film thickness AND film strength which has a direction correlation to load support capabilities and wear / bearing life. HOWEVER, higher viscosity also creates more pumping losses for the positive displacement...
  16. T

BTW based on my UOA results, even though they were really good, I'd argue against Blackstone's recommendation of pushing out to 7k due to oil viscosity shearing. 9.1cSt is just below grade minimum for a 5W-30 (9.3 I think is the range limit). Now 0.2cSt isn't going to make a difference, but...
  17. T

I use plastic ramps for my 2018 CX-9 GT AWD, but removed the rubber pads from the bottom that are supposed to prevent them from sliding, so now the sit flush against the ground. Then I just tap them a bit under the front tires to kind of wedge them in and it goes up just fine. Since the CX-9...
  18. T

Oil Analysis

BTW fuel dilution issues are far more prevalent in ALL direct injection engines vs. port injection engines. I do not believe turbo charging itself is going to impact fuel dilution significantly, there are older port injected turbo engines that were not prone to fuel dilution. But many DI engines...
Back