Search results

1. A

Subjective Review: General Tire - Altimax Arctic 12

I just purchased a set of winter tires and wheels for my 2021 CX-5 GTR and after 500 miles here are my impressions of this combination. Description: General Tire - Altimax Arctic 12 235/60 R18 (Studded) mounted on Sport Edition wheels w/new TPMS sensors First of all, I always get taller...
  2. A

2021 10-speaker Bose CX-5 Frequency Response Curves

interesting graph. Thanks for that. By some perverse luck, I have three Bose systems at the moment. The one in my 2014 Buick is the worst, the one in my 2015 Chevy Colorado is better, and the one in my CX-5 is better yet. In all those Bose systems, I have to roll off the bass as it lacks...
  3. A

Is anybody having seat comfort issues?

I just did a +3500 mile, 500 miles a day, road trip in my new 2021 GTR. No comfort issues at all. The manual explains how to adjust them, but I just set them up how I usually do. I do wish they had a bit more bolster on the seat bottom. I’m 5’9” 165lbs.
  4. A

What did you pay for your CX-5?

Yes, finding a deal is a bit tough in this market but here is what I came up with: I am up in Alaska and the closest dealer to me wouldn’t move off MSRP, stating limited inventory. So, I looked for one that was aligned with Costco. They seem to be few and far between but I found one in Nevada...
  5. A

CX-5 Turbo Exhaust

Somehow I have never been able to get my 2L turbo to sound like my 6.0 LS2 or 6.6TA. Not enough cylinders, I guess. Lol.
  6. A

Winter is here and my CX-5 turbo is now a 2.0L!

From a practical standpoint, does the power reduction impact driving much at those lower temps? I live in the Far North and drive on snow/ice at least five months of the year. I put studded tires on in Nov and leave them on until March. So far this January we haven’t seen temps above 10F. I am...
  7. A

Dodge Durango R/T

There is quite a bit of difference between the Journey and the Durango. I have driven both. Last year when I rented for a couple weeks I was given a Journey. Kind of like a mini-van vs an SUV. The Durango RT is a nice ride...sucks gas though. Lol.
  8. A

Well, that didn't take long... Rock damage

In reference to soft/thin paint, this seems to be an issue on a lot of newer cars, not just Mazda. I think it has something to do with the switch to newer, more enviro-friendly paints. A high contrast under coat will make the chips more obvious. As mentioned in earlier posts, lot of scuff marks...
  9. A

New CX-5; 655 miles. Looking for tips on initial wax, care, etc.

I have had PPF on the front my last three vehicles and would never buy another new vehicle without adding that. How much you cover depends on how OCD you are. Lol. I only did partial (18* or so) on the hoods but inevitably get a rock strike up there so my next vehicle will do the entire hood. I...
  10. A

Any cross shopping with the 2019 RAV4?

Oh, I like Toyotas hybrid systems...I would probably own a hybrid Camry but cant get past what they did to the front end recently. That said, the new RAV4 hybrids 0-60 is a full second behind my 2010 RAV4 and approximately the same behind the CX5 turbo. Yeah, the torque from the electric motor...
  11. A

Any cross shopping with the 2019 RAV4?

I just sold my 2010 RAV4 V-6 Sport AWD and am currently shopping for a replacement. I have a spreadsheet with data from Equinox, Escape, CRV, CX5 and RAV4. I just did a back to back comparison between between a 2019 CX5 Sig and 2019 RAV4 Adventure. The interior is an immediate standout between...
Back