Search results

1. R

GT-R (turbo) vs. Hybrid CR-V ??

What do we know about the forthcoming Honda CR-V hybrid? I'm especially concerned it may lack gnd. clearance which is already marginal... I had expected to get a GT-R last year but never get a decent price quote and am not getting one this year either (only one Mazda dealer within 80 miles of me).
  2. R

Auto Unlock in Settings ??

My CX5 rental will lock the doors when I walk away, but won't unlock when I walk up ... and stand there hopefully... I am not able to get to the sub-menu for Door Lock in the Settings menu (!!) I cannot move to that setting - all I can see is the rain sensing wipers are on and I can't move...
  3. R

Model/Trim ID ??

How can I figure out which model or Trim of CX5 the rental place gave me? I see a CX5 badge on the LR hatch, and it doesn't have Nav or CarPlay - that's all I can figure out...(evil)
  4. R

Mapping for Backroads

I assume that the built-in mapping software doesn't have info on USFS and BLM dirt or gravel roads... Can I load a GPS/mapping app on my iPhone and have that display on the CX5 display panel? (it is larger than an iPhone screen so that would be helpful) I am talking about the apps made by...
  5. R

Manual Key

Will the small metal key alone let you drive the vehicle? I don't see how you could do that, unless there is a secret start code you could punch in. My concern is losing the wireless key fob while hiking, and being stranded at a remote trailhead in the outback somewhere. A metal key could...
  6. R

2020 Models

Do we know anything about them yet?
  7. R

When will Mazda announce (or leak) info on the 2020 MY CX5??

not just what we want, what they will have in the 2020 CX5?
  8. R

Machine Gray paint durability

after the buffing horror of crystal soul red in another thread, I wanted to ask about the Gray paint that you can get on the CX5 Mazda charges an extra $300 for it, so regular Silver is cheaper, but how well will it hold up? any experiences?
  9. R

Roof rack side rails

Can these things be added later on? Or do you have to get them when the vehicle is manufactured? And... are they really a good way to mount holders for bikes, boxes, etc. or od yo get some clips form Yakima?
  10. R

GT-R vs. BMW x3 comparison

Has anyone compared the BMW x3 to the GT-3? The X3 felt heavy to me, but very fast (this was the 4 cylinder with turbo - their low end model). The BMW salesman claimed it was safer, and handled better - also shorter braking distances.
  11. R

Carpeted floor mats

I see lots of posts about rubber floor mats (for the passenger parts of the cabin), but what about good carpeted ones? I found this Berber style, but don't know how well it fits or its quality...
  12. R

Overhead Consoles

Does the regular Overhead Console on the GT, GT-R have lighting in it? Mazda says the Signature trim level has LED Room lamp and down light are added to the console and that it is "unique"...
  13. R

Side to Side Swiveling Headlights

I've seen people mention this feature but can't find it (under a recognizable name at least) in mazda's pdf info sheets. Does any one know which trim levels and Model Years of the Gen2 CX5 have it?
  14. R

Turbo Lag

Has anyone found any turbo lag on the CX5 turbo model? If so, under what conditions? I am planning a test drive of the turbo model and want to see if it has lag, say while passing a car you're stuck behind on a 2 lane hwy.
  15. R

Turn Off Annoying Gizmos?

I hear there are some safety gizmos on the 2019 (or 2018, etc.) that are intrusive. e.g. during a test drive a 2019 buzzed me when I signalled a (safe) lane change because it thought a car back there was too close I guess. I've also seen posts here where people complained about it... Can this...
  16. R

2019 vs. 2018 vs. 2017

I am wondering how the top 2 trim levels differ from year to year on the CS5. The Signature and the Riserva (or whatever they call it). Thx (could not find a thread that really covered this).
  17. R

Apple Carplay question

I've never had a vehicle with Apple's carplay system, so am wondering how it works. I have an iPhone 6 with music stored not in mp3 but in Apple Lossless files. Will those play on the CX5? And does it work wirelessly or do you need to plug it in?
  18. R

2017~2024 CX-5 turbo engine oil/filter change interval

I'm thinking of buying a CX-5 with a turbo but would like to know if the factory specs have a different oil change interval for it (vs the non-turbo). Thanks. Salesman says they are the same, but he's a salesman...
Back