Search results

1. Z

2017~2024 Rear hatch opening by itself?

FWIW, I was in my garage stooping to mix paint, had the fob in my pocket. The rear hatch opened. I think it's easier to actuate than you would suspect.
  2. Z

CX-5 Ceramic Coating Question

I was going to apply UK Quartz 3.0 to my new CX-5 last Summer, but the weather was not conducive, so I went carnuba for ease of removal if . I ended up using the UK Quartz on my Miata, because I figured it would give me an easier project to learn on. It is not that hard to do, but you do need...
  3. Z

What did you pay for your CX-5?

Honestly, I don't remember the exact price. I think it was ~ $38k OTD for a Soul Red Sig in Michigan.
  4. Z

What did you pay for your CX-5?

I found that the price through Costco is $500 above employee pricing. I'm not sure you can negotiate below employee pricing, or if it's worth your time.
  5. IMG_1739.JPG

IMG_1739.JPG

6. IMG_1740.JPG

IMG_1740.JPG

7. Z

What is wrong with CX-5 Signature?

I bought a Sig in June. The extra features were worth it to me. I'm getting older, and have grand children and pets around. I can use all the help I can get driving. I like the interior. I like the cameras. The premium on price may not be worth it to everyone, but it was to me.
  8. Z

Text Messages

Is it an iPhone with 'do not disturb while driving' set?
  9. Z

4 month storage

I have two homes. Winter and Summer. I have used 3-4 amp trickle chargers for years, plugged in for 5-7 months at a time. That is what they are made for. On top of that, I don't have to go through the ridiculous drive cycle on my 2005 Miata to pass emissions in AZ if it's always hooked up. My AZ...
  10. Z

2017 and Valentine One

How fast do you have To go to get a ticket these days? 20 over? I just drove I-75 from MI to GA, and drove a bit too fast on the way home. I did not see too many radar areas, and normal traffic was moving close to 80 mph, at least when the untrained truck drivers were trying to pass at 65 in...
  11. Z

2017-2019 KF rear window sunshade

After more thought, I think the clips would allow for a more secure, but unattractive, means of keeping the screens in with windows open.
  12. Z

2019 CX-5 music stops screen reboots

There is a post on Reddit about this. It appears to be locale based? https://www.reddit.com/r/CX5/comments/d89b92/update_on_the_new_england_infotainment_bootloop/
  13. Z

No idea what the clips are for, and yes, they stay in without. I have not driven with the front screens in, or windows down.
  14. Z

Came today, no instructions, but a bag of clips with adhesive on them. I put in the rear windows and small triangle windows, fit perfectly. We are taking our first road trip in a few weeks, with our dog, and thought they would help. I can see using the front shades on a road trip. Absolutely...
  15. Z

Must have CX-5 Tools and Items

I must admit that I took a large towel out and covered everything before I started. Are you sure you cracked it? Mine have a straight line from top to bottom about 8" from the rear. I find it hard to believe a dropped wrench would crack the lens. Hope it's not cracked...look at the other side.
  16. Z

That's the way mine came. I had to install one, and compress it, then remove it and install the other to compress. I could not compress both when initially attached. Use a small screwdriver to release the clip on the bottom ball receiver to remove it. Hope this helps. It's about a 15 minute job.
  17. Z

FWIW, the hood sits higher on my 2019 Sig with the the struts compared to the hood prop. The linked video explains why the balls should be mounted where they are, for clearance inside, basically.
  18. Z

I ordered a set today, should have them this weekend, will report back.
  19. Z

I just did this, used blue Loctite as suggested by @Avoidin Deer. The struts are difficult to compress/extend. I did one side, and exercised the strut, disconnected and did the same for the other side. Great deal for $25.
Back