Search results

1. B

2016.5 suspension noise, dealer woes

Why it's #4 is beyond me. I was so happy to finally get it resolved, didn't care enough to ask. Maybe they get sloppy with invoicing when things are under warranty? One of the chirpy door lock activators they replaced last month just died so I can ask about the mounts when I go back (again) next...
  2. B

CX5 2016.5 noises from front suspension

Agree! I was in the dealer's new 2019 loaners for over a month while they were trying to figure my car out. I hate how they look but didn't want to give it back. Really pleasant to drive. Transmission is smoother and feels much more solid overall, like there's a dramatic difference in curb...
  3. B

CX5 2016.5 noises from front suspension

I just went through this (2016.5 cx-5 GT 24k miles). Dealer replaced ALL the TSB things (LCA bushing, coil tower, struts, threw in some insulators at some point, tore the cowl apart looking for god knows what). Turned out to be engine mount. Voila! No more ugly noise. Orig thread with all the...
  4. B

Sill-Terhar. They were really pleasant to work with but... yeah. I'm 100% confident my car wouldn't have been fixed without my googling. Replacing struts was the final solution (of many) they came up with.
  5. B

Apparently there are only 3 mounts. Wasn't clear which is #4 but here's the invoice: https://i.imgur.com/kYqIFcC.jpg
  6. B

Here's the invoice: https://i.imgur.com/kYqIFcC.jpg
  7. B

SO glad I found it. I knew replacing struts wasn't going to fix it because the sound didn't track the motion of suspension. If that makes any sense? It's incredibly nice not to hear the noise anymore :D
  8. B

Thanks so much for the help, but it turned out to be an engine mount - not suspension at all!
  9. B

UPDATE: finally picked up my car TODAY. Problem solved (thanks to google, not dealership). After installing some sort of insulators, ripping apart the cowl, replacing struts... still no improvement. So I googled to death and found a description that ticked all the boxes to a T (see below). One...
  10. B

Ack, sorry. Noob. Added :)
  11. B

Thanks! The work order for the LCA/bushing repair is in my glove box but I'll check next time I visit my car at mazda.
  12. B

There is, but they were either booked or didn't have a loaner and I'm nearing the end of my warranty (of course). I'll try again if/when attempt #3 fails. Hate to make this assumption, but it probably doesn't help that I'm blonde and female. They talk to me like I'm a moron.
  13. B

2016.5 GT / 30k miles front driver side suspension making crunching/knocking sound over any small bump at low speeds, especially while accelerating. Think: any city stop sign, traffic light, freeway entrance, driveway... Took to dealer, couldn't replicate sound. Told them to keep trying. Alas...
Back