Search results

1. M

Daughters P5 bite the dust?

I went ahead and pulled all the spark plugs....all 4 looked like they should. Tried to start it, and no knock....that being said, we only really notice the knock with RPMs a little higher than idle...2k or more....so not sure how much info that gives us. When I put it back together, I swaped the...
  2. M

Daughters P5 bite the dust?

ok, it is Thanksgiving, so I am working with limited information right now... The car: 2003 P5 Manual stock (as far as we know...have not owned it long) <140k miles Over the summer check engine light came on, it was some kind of misfire code. Car was not near me for a few months...by the time...
  3. M

New to my daughter 03 p5....Need to bring it up to snuff....

2 questions..... 1....Leave the timing belt? Are these non-interfearence engines? I have always been told (not on THIS car) to change anytime you buy a high mile car because if it wasnt done and it breaks....new engine time. 2...any specific brand of struts that you had good luck with off...
  4. M

New to my daughter 03 p5....Need to bring it up to snuff....

Purchased my daughter her first car. 2003 Mazda Protege 5 135k miles 5 speed seems to drive good...everything seems to work. There is a little vibration at speed...No apparent leaks. We know NOTHING about the car or its history....but we paid appropriately... Daughter will get her license in...
Back