Search results

1. G

P2177 - System too lean off idle

The connection between the Intake and the TIP was not flush with the stop, but still on securely. I pulled it apart and re-tru'ed it against the stop and tightened it down. It's been three days since the reset and CEL is still off. Here is to hoping.
  2. G

So after a day and a half on the new O2 sensor, its back. Fuuuuuh.. Back to the drawing board.
  3. G

Necro-Bump update: I finally threw a second code. So I was throwing a P2177 and a P2188. These two in combination directed me straight towards the TSB on the bad factory Upstream O2 sensor. If I had cracked, it was a hairline and then decided to give up the ghost. At no time did I ever get...
  4. G

2nd gear tough to select when cold

My second gear has been notchy since the day I bought the car and I've seen it reported many times on here. In fact, I had a note left on my car from another MSpeed6 owner who had questions about his second gear notchiness. Shifting at a higher RPM seems to help.
  5. G

How To: Make an AUX input for FREE

The Pinout on the back of the HU allows the Tape/Media button to be activated. The stub-out on the bottom was for the optional Mini-Disc player available in the JDM versions. Jumping the pins at the connect activates the button and allows for the input. The mod works, I used it but I was...
  6. G

Corksport Interior LED Light Kit 1

I did a complete LED change out kit (I want to say it was Corksport) and the results were phenominal. The kit was under $60 shipped and replaced All the interior bulbs (visor, Door panels, overhead dome front and rear, DRL's in the Hi-beam case, License plate, etc)
  7. G

Small update: After putting the stock airbox in, I'm still get the Lean code. I've determined in caused by my driving style. I've got a FAO (Fixed Ankle Orthotic) on my right leg, which means no ankle movement (movement comes from the knee). Since the Speed6 has such a sensitive throttle...
  8. G

Ssp 86/87

No one? The documents I received say they are for the L3T engine in the 07-10 CX-7, 07-10 Speed3 and 06-07 Speed6.
  9. G

Ssp 86/87

Anyone else received the SSP86 and SSP87 notifications from Mazda North Amercian Operations on the warranty extension for the Turbo/White Smoke and VVT Timing chain noise/stretching issue? I received mine yesterday, they pushed the warranty out 84 months/70000 miles. I've already called the...
  10. G

Honestly, it was a no-brand one that worked fine for a few months before I got the code. I returned to the stock box and cleaned the MAF and it went away. That being said, I experienced it again under the stock box while on a trip from Cincinnati to Eastern PA. I was getting on the on-ramp to...
  11. G

Update: Swapped the stock box back on and cleaned the MAF, code hasn't come back yet. I'm wondering if it was a combination of the higher LTFT's associated with the SRI's plus a slightly dirty MAF causing it to spike above the 20% threshhold.
  12. G

Perhapse. I've been running this SRI for 9 months now, through the winter AND 14 days of 90+ degree heat here in Cincinnati. That's what makes this frustrating, as there is nothing I've changed or done. Meh! I'm gonna swap back the stock box and see what that does..
  13. G

No DH. Eventually I'll get an AP, but its a ways off. So I checked all the vac lines I could see and did a propane test (unlit torch around the engine bay, waiting for the RPM's to jump) and got nothing. Threw in a bottle of injector cleaner, just in case I've got gunk, so I'll see if that...
  14. G

Yah.. I can certainly check that easy enough. Like I posted, the vac guage is showing 20vac at idle (like it always has), but *shrug*. I don't have idle issues or hesistation or det.. so.. Its odd.. Nah.. No tuning, the car is basically stock as far as the engine goes. The SRI (again, been...
  15. G

Ok, so out of nowhere the CEL pops on, and tosses me a P2177. I know its a lean code, however, there isn't much on here about it. I do have a SRI, but I've been running it for almost 9 months now without issue. This is THE first time the code has popped. I'm pulling 20Vac on the guage, so I...
  16. G

Speed6 Average Lifespan?

Very normal. Disc brakes will rust in just a few HOURS in the humidity is up or it rains (at least here), and you've got the rears engaged because of the parking brake.. This is the whole reason I want some zinc plated rotors.. It won't stop um from sticking, but it'll keep the hub from...
  17. G

Trunk Liner

Told ya I was missing something.. I'll check it out when it stops snowin'.. Thanks!
  18. G

Trunk Liner

Ok, so I'm being especially dense it seems.. The Trunk liner, how do I get it to drop? How do I get the pull-handle in the lid out so I can get the rest of the liner down to get at the license plate bulbs.. Obviously I pulled all the pop-clips, but its stuck on the pull-handle..
  19. G

WTB: Sirius Sat Receiver - Box Only

My Speed6 Came equiped with the Sirius setup, but the box fried. I do not want to pay $200+ for the kit, in which I won't use most of it. I am looking for a working box that goes in the trunk sidewall. Thanks!
  20. G

NOS MazdaSpeed6 Floor Mats

New On Shelf?
Back