Search results

1. M

Mazda Jet Black Mica (no price premium)?

In Canada at least, this is the only CX-5 color that doesn’t come with a price premium. What’s the reason? Is it anything to do with the quality? What do black car owners think of it?
  2. M

CX-5 Changes 2019 vs 2024?

I have a 2019 Signature turbo. Debating between holding on or buying a 2024 Signature as a new car. But I’m wondering if there have been enough changes and improvements to justify the change. I know about the new grill and the bigger infotainment screen of course but what else would justify the...
  3. M

5 Year Service (2019 CX-5)…Anything special to do?

Hi. My 2019 Signature (bought new) will be getting its final power train service under warranty soon. The manual doesn’t seem to suggest anything special but is there anything I should ask to be checked over based on the experience of people here?
  4. M

Anyone have post-warranty luck on CX-5 folding mirror problems?

So my third 2019 Signature folding mirrors aren’t folding all the way. I’m obviously well beyond the three year warranty so really unhappy. I found a couple of Mazda TSBs about this on another thread and wondered if anyone had managed to get Mazda to pay for new mirrors? So otherwise I’ll just...
  5. M

Has LKAS gotten better in recent years?

I had a 2022 Honda Civic (cheapest trim) as a loaner today and was really impressed with how well the Lane Keep Assist worked. Puts my 2019 Signature to shame. Just wondering if Mazda improved this and any other safety features recently?
  6. M

Anyone try Michelin Pilot Sport tires?

Next summer I’ll need new summer tires (or sporty all-seasons). I wondered if the Michelin Pilot Sport would be a good complement to the handling of my 2019 Signature?
  7. M

2023 CX-5 Differences?

Hi everyone. So far the only change I have seen reported for '23 is the new shade of white paint. Anyone seen anything more substantial?
  8. M

2022 CX-5 Improvements

When the 2022 was released, Mazda played up the mechanical improvements as well as the styling tweaks. Things like a more responsive 6-speed transmission, better NVH, suspension tweaks, better seats etc. I haven’t read or seen a review touting these things. Anyone here upgrade from eg a...
  9. M

2017~2024 36 month service question

So my 2019 Signature is almost due for its 36 month service. I understand that is a “C” service and more expensive. But they also want to change spark plugs and do a turbo service as well. Total cost ($Cdn) close to $1400. my jaw dropped but is this cost normal? Low mileage (20k)BTW.
  10. M

2022 CX-5?

For me, there’s a lot of contradictory information and confusion about the model changes for 2022/2023. But I think the consensus is that: a) the 2022 CX 5 is a carryover of the current generation with few if any changes b) a larger CX 5/50 will be launched in 2022 as a 2023 Is that the...
  11. M

Has “Machine Grey” changed recently?

By pure coincidence I parked my 2019 Signature beside a 2021 Signature at the gym. Both cars were apparently “Machine Grey” but the two colors were different. The new one had a slight olive tone…definitely could see the difference side by side. I don’t see any new colors on the Mazda website and...
  12. M

Are you content with 19” Toyos or replacing them ASAP?

Just wondering what owners with 2019-21 models with 19” wheels and tires think of their stock tires and are you “sticking“ with them? I bought a 2019 Signature and my lease will be up in early 2022. There were a lot of complaints about the 2019 Toyos at the time so I had the dealer upgrade to...
  13. M

Did Signature brown leather change betweeen 2019 and 2021?

I have a 2019 Signature with dark "Caturra” brown leather. I saw a mention that the new leather colour is slightly lighter/different tone? Has anyone had the chance to compare?
  14. M

2023 CX-5 AND CX-50 to be released?

So the rumor-mill (on Google and YouTube) has it that Mazda will release both a new CX-5 and CX-50 in the same 2023 model year. One would be very similar to the existing CX-5 and the other larger, RWD and inline six, aimed to take on the luxury brands. Seems a little far-fetched to me but what...
  15. M

2019-21 CX-5 infotainment screens

Interested in comments on the quality and utility of the interface on the 7” 2019, 8” 2020 (in Signature) and 10.25” 2021 screens. Does bigger in each case mean better?
  16. M

Black paint on CX-5?

When I was getting my CX-5 mirrors fixed yesterday, I looked around at the other paint colors. My 2019 lease is Machine Grey. On the lot, I thought the all black model looked sharp. I've had black cars in the past so I know all about the problems keeping them clean. But I just wondered if...
  17. M

Mirrors not folding completely

Before I call my dealer, I wondered if anyone else had this problem. I have a 2019 signature and just noticed the folding mirrors are only partially closing. Any easy fix?
  18. M

What does 10 lb-ft of torque get you?

Curious about the small torque boost in the 2020 turbo. What’s the benefit? Better 0-60, faster off the line? Or ???
  19. M

2019 HUD with Polarized Sunglasses?

I have a 2019 CX-5 and find that my polarized sunglasses dim down the HUD a lot. I read one review which claimed the new Mazda 3 HUD was a lot better in this, but would like to hear some real life feedback from people here.
  20. M

Strange Traffic Sign Recognition Readings

I think the Traffic Sign Recognition is a handy tool though it misses things like school zone speeds etc. What's just happened to me, though, I can't explain. The speed limit indicator is giving me totally random (and incorrect) numbers eg 19 km/hr in a 30 zone or 37 km/hr in a 60 zone. I...
Back