Search results

1. M

USB Audio Voice Commands

SOLVED! I did a deep Google search and found a thread on a Mazda3 forum that discussed USB music playback problems. I implemented one of the suggestions which was to create a folder on the USB drive and drop all of the music files into it. That solved the problem. I am now using a 16GB USB...
  2. M

USB Audio Voice Commands

I have tried every which way to get the voice commands to work properly on USB audio, to no avail. They work just fine on everything else, bluetooth phone, Nav, etc. I think it might have something to do with the way the audio files are loaded on the USB, though, as I mentioned before, all of...
  3. M

USB Audio Voice Commands

Hi All: I have a 2018 CX-5 GT and I can't seem to get the voice commands to work properly on USB audio. For instance, I will speak the command "Play Artist-Bob Dylan". My screen will go to a list called artists, show the names of the artists, and the voice will answer back "There are no...
  4. M

Lane Departure Warning Distance

My 2014 Mazda 6 BSM is perfect. My 2018 CX-5 BSM is much too sensitive. Quite likely designed by attorneys.
  5. M

2018 CX-5 Entertainment section stopped working

Hi Oppie1: I hope your system is still working as my system is still down. As I stated, the dealer did a software reload and system worked for 3 days before it crashed again. I called dealer and they said they were going to order a new CMU and that should fix the problem. Brought the car in...
  6. M

Well, I spoke too soon. My audio system worked for 3 days then just crapped out again this morning. I guess disconnecting the battery and updating the software didn't do the trick. When I initially mentioned this thread, the dealer scoffed that "you can't believe what you read on the...
  7. M

Questions regarding the bose system on the 17 cx-5

The Bose system is the best sounding factory equipped car system I have owned. I presume there are better, but to my ears it sounds very nice. I leave the Centerpoint option on and boost treble and bass to "7" or "8". Don't let "audiophiles" intimidate you. Check it out for yourself. Sound...
  8. M

Mazda Mobile Start vs Remote Start

This is correct. Talk to a Viper dealer.
  9. M

UGH... another remote start thread

Viper makes kits that will work with a manual transmission. Mine is model 4806V. I have one in my 2014 Mazda 6 with MT and it was professionally installed
  10. M

Oppie1, I have an update for you. Brought my car to the dealer so he could take a quick look at it. He ended up getting my system audio working again. Here's what he said he did. He said he disconnected the battery for a few minutes, then reconnected it so the firmware would reinstall. He...
  11. M

Hi Oppie1: Did changing the FM Modular Unit solve your problem? I am very curious as I have just experienced the same exact problem and symptoms as you in MY 2018 CX-5. Stopping in at the dealer tomorrow and any information would be helpful.
Back