Search results

1. E

2014 CX-5 - Possible suspension clunk

Hello all! A few pertinent details -- '14 CX-5 Sport with 6sp MT. It just rolled over 100k miles. Everything has been pretty rock solid. There has been a clunk on the right front for a little while now after my wife ran over something at speed way back when. This clunk happens when...
  2. E

2013~2016 CX-5 Rear shock removal question

Quick question for the group -- I have a 2014 CX-5. Looked at the repair manual, and it notes that only three nuts need to be removed in order for removal. When I do this, I can't remove the lower eyelet completely from the bolt as the lower arm is in the way. Does the lower arm need to be...
  3. E

CX-5 Rear Shock Mount Compatibility?

Hello Team CX-5. I searched, and I don't think there was a definitive answer I can find. Called a couple of Mazda parts places, and none could either confirm or deny as they didn't have both parts handy to visually compare. It doesn't look like you can buy the rear shock mount on its own for the...
  4. E

13-16 Suspension Replacement

My wife's '14 sounds like it has a blown front strut at ~80k miles. Thinking of replacing all four corners. Are most people going with KYB if they're looking for no gain in performance? Are you re-using your old springs, or replacing with OEM/other if staying with stock ride height? Lastly...
  5. E

Gas cap warning light

I'm about to replace the gas cap for my wife's 2014 CX-5 as the notification light comes on from time to time. I've been able to tighten the cap down in the past, and it has caused the light to turn off. I am curious, however, if there is anything else that would cause the light to go off, ie...
Back