Search results

1. A

Mazda 5 Community in Hong Kong

I am surprised people in this city actually appreciate Mazda 5 not just a daily driver, but a car they like to spend time make it look and drive nice. Every week, there are mini car meetings and welcome whoever like to join. Chatting and fixing what can be done to the car. Our cars are...
  2. A

Remapped my Mazda 5 2.0L ECU and Tranny

The Mazda 5 is a good family hauler, but engine and transmission are born to be laggy and not responsive. There are almost no aftermarket support on either 2.5 or 2.0 engine, some people here put intake or muffler and call it a day. I have tried both, they lose too much low-end torque, which is...
  3. A

Painting the grey interior pillars to black

I am running out of interior panel paint now, but the result looks awesome. Keep asking myself why the Mazda designers didn't put black trims in the first place.
  4. A

Just picked up my car from the tires shop

Time to lower the front...maybe 10-15mm?
  5. A

Lowered newer Mazda 5 alignment result.

I just got my car back from alignment shop and here is the report. It is lowered with TEIN coilover. Does the toe seems fine? Camber looks quite bad?
  6. A

Non-skyactiv 2.0L intake MAF diameter

The throttle body entrance of the non-skyactiv 2.0L is measured 70mm (2.75"). Ordered a CAI for the car and it comes with 63mm (2.5") MAF and pipe, the seller says the Engine light will popup if I install 70mm MAF pipe. Can someone confirm the car will not be able to accept 2.75"?
  7. A

Wheel wells sound deadening...

Just did the front wheel wells only and already feel the difference, I can hear 1/2 of the noise reduced from the interior footwell. The front doors already have the same material, so most of the interior noise I can hear is from the engine behind the firewall and the windows. Now my car feels...
  8. A

Mazda 5 needs some fender rolling!

Did a couple of things lately. Yesterday Dynamat went into the wheel well and power steering oil flush... Meanwhile ordered some cheap Chinese fender roller for $25. Only rolled one fender today, will do the rest later this week!
  9. A

DIY Partially smoked taillights

(eekdance) It looks great in person, did this in the middle of the night, will do Part 2 tomorrow
  10. A

Painted my front emblem to nearly body colour

My car is grey, and used the gunmetal spray paint for my other car wheels, it comes up quite good. I will do the rear next weekend. Winter and no garage sucks, the sun comes down at 5pm, I was planning to do a bunch of stuff behind the bumper, ended up only the DRL LED, foglights are...
  11. A

18x8 ET42, which tire size should I use? 215/45/18 or 225/40 or 225/45?

I just bought a fender roller just in case nasty rubbing, but what will be the best setup? The car is lowered with TEIN Street Advance coilover Currently it is running stock rim + 225 / 45 / 17, no rubbing issue. I heard 215/45/18 should be the best fitting with ET40/42, any experience?
  12. A

Sound deadening my car

Mazda5 has poor sound insulation compare with my other cars, I am putting new speakers anyway, so trying to get rid of the road noise First time doing this kind of stuff, not perfect at all I got these mat for cheap, so why not? engine sound comes out from both fender and grill, so I...
  13. A

Turned up the volume and a bunch of things not working

I just changed the front speakers and tested the volume, it sounds great but until I turn it up louder the head unit shut down. A bunch of things not working including the following: 1) Power sliding door 2) Interior lights 3) Remote and keyless entry 4) Aftermarket head unit 5) Clock reset by...
  14. A

Finally, hood struts for my Mazda5

Own the car since March this year and can't accept it doesn't come with hood struts. So I went online and bought these for USD20 shipped. Took only 10 minutes to install and wa-la!
  15. A

(Wiring to the engine bay) Front parking sensor wires and 4 gauge wires for the amp

I have a RHD Mazda 5, some say the steering shaft has a access point to the lower engine bay. Is there another hole behind the glove box, where can easily get through the firewall?
  16. A

Installed 9" Android unit and a bunch of stuff

Got rid of that old ugly stock radio today. It is hot working under 32deg. Also installed the dash cam, rearview camera, voltage meter, a bunch of USB chargers.
  17. A

2011 Mazda 5 3rd key cannot be reprogram?

I have 2 original key and watched the online tutorial that I can program the 3rd key (just the key itself without the remote, it should be standalone?). Tried many times, the ECU won't register the 3rd key. Some online shop says newer Mazda 5 key can't be programmed without the key reset tool...
  18. A

Quite frustrated with the new key programming (video)

I bought a new key from ebay, followed the instruction of... https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?71178-Programming-a-Spare-Key-for-Mazda3-How-To-Guide tried quite a few times, it won't add my new key to the ECU. Can someone point it out what did I do wrong? Steps: 1. Insert...
Back