Search results

1. M

Slipping in First Gear

Does anyone else occasionally think it sounds like their transmission is slipping while in first gear? Specifically when holding throttle position steady? When I pull away from a stop in traffic (so under very light, sustained, consistent throttle application) it sounds exactly like a manual...
  2. M

I broke it :)

Can I fix it? Dealership is dealing with all the recall crap right now, and besides I'd rather not give them any money. Even if it is money coming from Mazda Corp for warranty work :) Please excuse all the dirt in the following photo :) Don't know why, but can't make the photo show here...
  3. M

'18 GT - Snow Tires

Of the many things I really like about this car, there are many that I don't. One of them is winter performance in the near constant wintery mix we have up here. I've spent substantial winter time driving in Suburbans, Jetta's, Grand Cherokees, Cherokees, Pilots and they are all much, much...
  4. M

'18 GT - Roof Cross Bars

Hi - can someone please confirm that the OEM cross bars will accomodate Thule boxes? I have roof rails already on there, so I think I need to buy these and should be good to go...
  5. M

'18 CX-9 GT Cell Phone....

Where the h(*l do you put yours?! I have a sticky pad that I use, but it sticks to the phone more often than it sticks to the dash. I don't want to use a suction cup on the windshield and I can't use a magnetic holder b/c of my phone case. Nowhere big enough or smooth enough on the lower dash...
  6. M

Rear Seat Rattles...

Does anyone else experience rattling it the rear seat area - I think probably related to the window shades? Mine has it and the loaner I'm currently driving has it as well. Anyone track it down yet?
  7. M

"Auto Pilot" Rating?

I looked for, but couldn't find, a poll function to ask this - but I'm curious how people would rate the performance of the "auto pilot" functions? Most specifically, the adaptive cruise control feature. Overall, how would you rate it? Do you think it drives smoothly or not? Personally -...
  8. M

Auto unlock options?

I wish there were an easier way to unlock the car when you approach. My wife's Jeep GC unlocks when you grab the handle to open. My CX-9 is setup to lock when I walk away - is there any good reason it couldn't be setup to unlock when I approach? Any known way to do that?
  9. M

'18 CX-9 and Fortin Remote Car Starter...Success!

Ok folks, if I figured it out, you can too. I absolutely refused to spend the $500 Mazda and other installers were looking for to install a system on my behalf. Based on a lot of research, and conversations both with the manufacturer (Fortin) and retailer (Crutchfield) I picked up the following...
  10. M

Snow in the rims....

Anyone have any good ideas for getting the snow out of the rims on an '18 GT? Seems like there is always enough packed in there that I get some pretty decent highway wobbles. Eventually it all flies out, but I can't imagine it's good for the car. Anyone recommend a good brush or something...
  11. M

2018 CX-9 GT Road Noise - Crosspost from Tires, Suspension Section,

Hi, New Mazda owner here Very happy so far - still figuring some stuff out, but am concerned about tire/road noise. I'm coming from a 2011 Pilot that was very, very loud and chose the CX-9, in part, because it was reported to be very quiet. The Pilot was on Michelin MXV4 tires, which were...
  12. M

2018 CX-9 GT Road Noise

Hi, New Mazda owner here :) Very happy so far - still figuring some stuff out, but am concerned about tire/road noise. I'm coming from a 2011 Pilot that was very, very loud and chose the CX-9, in part, because it was reported to be very quiet. The Pilot was on Michelin MXV4 tires, which were...
Back