Search results

1. S

2017 CX-5 Rattle noise at 1200-1400 RPM only when A/C running

All 3 parts were Gates. No problem getting the water belt on. The serpentine belt was a tad more difficult - I had to get the belt tensioner FULLY extended to get the belt on.
  2. S

I did the job myself. Ordered the parts as a kit from RockAuto. Hardest part was removing the water pump belt - ended up just cutting it off. Accessing the tensioner from within the wheel wheel is a little tight and tricky. Make sure you have a long 17mm wrench for maximum torque.
  3. S

UPDATE: Replaced the belt tensioner and both belts. Noise gone!
  4. S

I'm just about to turn 70k miles. The belts, tensioner and water pump are all original.
  5. S

All, I've got a rattle-like noise at 1200-1400 RPM coming from the engine bay but only when the A/C is running. A/C itself is working fine. When the rattle can be heard, I can turn off the A/C and the rattle stops. Assuming it's A/C related, is the compressor going bad? Or is it belt...
  6. S

2018 CX-5 liftgate not opening

Had this exact same problem with my liftgate this morning. Unhooking the negative terminal fixed it.
  7. S

2020 CX-5 Shop Manual?

Oh man, I'm sorry - my bad.
  8. S

2020 CX-5 Shop Manual?

Over on the reddit CX-5 subreddit, there's a list of links on the right side of the page to all the year's manuals.
  9. S

Wow! CX-5 Short Break Pad Life!

My 2017 GT has 39K miles and I'm still on the original pads :unsure:
  10. S

Feel like a noob asking this... 2019 with Turbo - Engine Air Filter & Cabin

2017 owner here. For the engine filter, I've been using the AEM 28-20480 Dryflow Air Filter. For the cabin filter, EPAuto CPJ6X (KD45-61-J6X). Both on Amazon.
  11. S

Oil change drama

I'd like to throw this gentlemen's oil testing blog out here as I don't believe it's ever been referenced (no, it's not Bob the Oil Guy): 540ratblog WARNING: There's hours of valuable reading there, and the blog itself is just one very long webpage! Here's a hint for reading: search for...
  12. S

Is the Soul Red color still an issue on 2020’s?

I'm real curious to know if the entire vehicle was repainted or just the affected panels.
  13. S

2017~2024 CX-5 H&R or Eibach lowering springs?

Last Summer I bought the Eibachs from TireRack for my 2017 GT AWD. I still have the original box - the part number is E10-55-021-02-22. I'm running 20 inch wheels with 245/45-20 tires. Looks and drives perfect. Very happy.
  14. S

2019 CX-5 Diesel

As I was driving past my Mazda dealer on my way to work this morning, they had a CX-5 Diesel parked on the lawn out front, with a big sticker on the side that says "2019 CX-5 Diesel - $8000 OFF!". Guess they're not selling well.
  15. S

Folding Mirror Issue

Anyone else think Mazda needs to up their warranty game and go up to at least 5 years/60k miles?
  16. S

2017~2024 Tune for CX-5?

After installing Eibach lowering springs on my 2017 GT, I took it to the dealer for an alignment check. Dealer was happy to do it, said I did a great job installing the springs myself, was impressed how nice the vehicle looked lowered, and sent me on my way. The tech said they regularly...
  17. S

2017~2024 CX-5 Sport mode questions

This. SO many times, from a complete stop, my 2017 will NOT shift out of first gear, even with my foot barely on the gas pedal.
  18. S

2017 CX-5 Spare Tire Mod for U.S.

From my 2017 Owner's Manual: "Do not install the temporary spare tire on the front wheels (driving wheels): Driving with the temporary spare tire on one of the front driving wheels is dangerous. Handling will be affected. You could lose control of the vehicle, especially on ice or snow bound...
  19. S

CX-5 Cabin air filter on Amazon?

Seconded!
  20. S

2017~2024 Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) affects extra brake wear & tear?

Damn, this exact scenario pisses me off about MRCC, although I would replace "immediate path" with "completely out of our path." Wish Mazda would address this with a software update.
Back