Search results

1. B

Mirrors not folding completely

You are echoing the point I was trying to make... Unob has been EXTREMELY vocal about the supposed $750 replacement cost, bring it up multiple times in multiple threads. As you point out, no rational person would ever pay anything close to $750 to fix this issue (let alone pay this 4 times)...
  2. B

Mirrors not folding completely

Unless you are Unobtanium, in which case each repair would cost $750. He may be the only person on the planet who would be charged that much.
  3. B

Off Topic Rav4 Prime XSE

Huh? There isn't any issue with him being happy with the performance. I was simply replying tongue-in-cheek to the previous poster, who said performance was "the most important variable."
  4. B

Off Topic Rav4 Prime XSE

That's why I included unob's very first post. I didn't see him mention a desire to be a wannabe street racer or an extra in the next Fast & Furious.
  5. B

Off Topic Rav4 Prime XSE

CX-5: 5400 miles/27 MPG = 200 gallons @ $3/gal = $600 ($300/month) Rav4: 5400 miles/57.5 MPG = 94 gallons @ $3/gal = $282 ($141/month) If you add in your electricity ($47.50/mo), the Rav4 costs $188/month So your monthly savings is $112 with the Rav4. It will take nearly 3 years of fuel...
  6. B

CX-5 vs CX-50 suspension

A person may want to reinforce a personal image to themselves...they may want to project a certain image to friends...use it to attract friends...attemplt to identify with a peer group...ect. This is widely accepted consumer behavior, not something I'm making up. I cited several third-party...
  7. B

CX-5 vs CX-50 suspension

I never once claimed it was only an American thing, I was simply commenting on the trends I see in America. However, projecting a tough/outdoorsy/active image is certainly a popular theme among American consumers. I've linked to several articles describing this phenomenon. Here's another...
  8. B

CX-5 vs CX-50 suspension

This Mazda 3-based vehicle, with those fake plastic "skid plates", sure doesn't seem like real off-road use was a key design criteria. I have no doubt many will drive through a grassy field when parking at the winery, or a short gravel drive to get to the pumpkin patch. But I was referring to...
  9. B

CX-5 vs CX-50 suspension

Take a look at this promotional picture. This vehicle is not designed or intended to be an off-road vehicle. Maybe 5 out of 100,000 CX-50 buyer will actually use the vehicle like this, and Mazda knows it. So why would they market this compact CUV with fake plastic "skid plates", fake...
  10. 1637249711244.png

1637249711244.png

11. B

CX-5 vs CX-50 suspension

There aren't more relevant things to highlight when the discussion is taking place on an automotive forum!
  12. B

CX-5 vs CX-50 suspension

It is commonly accepted/known that many people talk, act, dress, and buy stuff to project a certain image. I'm surprised you are arguing against this basic human psychology. But at the same time, you admit people buy cars for looks, which supports the point I'm making! Manufacturers are...
  13. B

Anyone with a CX-5 turbo see any real difference between primo and regular gas?

Your post seemed to indicate surprise that Unob has never seen a Costco, exclaiming that "Texas has 35 of them!" I was just putting those 35 locations into perspective.
  14. B

That represents ~0.3% of the 14,000 gas stations in Texas. In other terms, 1 Costco for every 7,700 square miles in the state.
  15. B

I suggest doing some research into "Top Tier" fuel before wasting your time/money chasing after this branded gas.
  16. B

The Future of the CX-5 - Strategic?

You can quibble over whether these specific issues are meaningful to YOU, but you can't dismiss them as not actually being advantages... - The difference in stopping distance was FIVE FEET, not a few inches. - The FWD version was quicker in all meaningful acceleration tests. - It costs $1400...
  17. B

I'm not expressing an opinion. I'm stating facts... - Mazda's website validates the fact that the FWD version is lighter, cheaper, and more fuel efficient. - C&D's testing shows the FWD version is faster and has a shorter stopping distance Those things may or may not be meaningful to you when...
  18. B

I was responding to someone who claimed..."The all wheel drive CX-5 is a better vehicle in every way." While your personal use case means the AWD advantages outweigh the disadvantages, it is factually inaccurate to say the AWD is "better in every way". It would need to be lighter, faster...
  19. B

People are so desperate to validate their personal opinions, that they become incapable of rationally processing basic information. As you point out, 4 of the 6 disadvantages I cited are indisputable facts...the AWD is heavier, more expensive, worse MPG, and adds complexity. Even without...
  20. B

CX-5 vs CX-50 suspension

Sorry to break it to you, but you're wrong on this issue...many consumers absolutely buy certain SUVs to project an image. Have you not noticed a proliferation in SUVs projecting a wannabe 'off-road' persona? Even the new CX-50 has the fake skid plates you dislike. Why do you think Mazda...
Back