Search results

1. W

Guide Permanently fix the "no A/C on fan speed 2/3" problem

i don't know if this is an obvious question, but wouldn't it be easier to just buy a new fan switch? or just clean the old one as pcb mentioned? my AC has stopped working on 3 and i can still get it to work on 2 if I "wiggle" the switch a bit. 1 and 4 work fine. I'm not too keen on doing...
  2. W

Aftermarket intake/exhaust and fuel trims

Is that easy to install? I've seen some header setups with no pre-cat installed (unless it was relocated) and I doubt I would pass NY emissions in that case (ugh)
  3. W

the readings were pretty consistent throughout the RPM range. I checked it the next day and it was slightly lower. so I guess the ECU is indeed re-learning the fuel trims.
  4. W

So I'm not posting about a problem per se but rather out of general curiosity. I installed a short ram intake (from eBay) and an HKS hi-power muffler for my P5. I like the sound it makes, not sure if there's a noticeable power increase but they say maybe a 5-10HP increase total. so not much...
  5. W

Pinging!!

the new one is now on the VICS connector (the white one). that explains why the engine sounded louder. VTCS actuation depends on temperature right? the engine was sounding like it does when i first start driving on a cold morning... except it was warmed up. then i swapped the solenoids and...
  6. W

Pinging!!

SOLVED!! so last week I had changed one of those solenoids above the intake manifold, the one with the green connector, because i had a p0660 code. apparently that was related to all the pinging and power loss because the day after is when it started. and just now I went and swapped the...
  7. W

Pinging!!

i'll figure it out and when i do i'll update here. in the mean time i guess i'll put 93 gas in it
  8. W

Pinging!!

OH MY GOD so I changed out the knock sensor, and the check engine light went away, but it's still pinging! and I noticed the engine sounds different at certain RPMs under load and also there seems to be a slight loss of power... like it takes forever to get up to redline if I floor it (it's...
  9. W

Pinging!!

Well so I literally was on my way home after passing NYS inspection and the check engine light comes on. lol. and it's throwing a P0325 code... so I guess it's the knock sensor after all. at least It happened AFTER they issued a new sticker lol
  10. W

Pinging!!

now that i think about it, I was driving up a steep hill and the pinging wasn't really there. I only heard it at light throttle. so maybe the knock sensor does work. oh, this is going to be fun to figure out. (bang) . at least it's getting warm out!! I also ordered a new code reader that...
  11. W

Pinging!!

I ordered a new knock sensor because mine looks pretty gooey. lol. I also put some Seafoam in the oil and fuel. Those diagrams are very technical, but it looks like it says that if the knock sensor is bad the MIL won't illuminate unless the engine load is above 50% and it's up to temp. maybe...
  12. W

Deleting the downstream o2 sensor

I'm so jealous of you guys running no cats, deleting O2 sensors, etc. I would never be able to pass NY inspection! lol
  13. W

Pinging!!

Today my engine started pinging. I hear it when I'm going uphill or if I accelerate after it shifts into 3rd or OD. I do have to be driving under 40 to actually be able to hear it over the road noise, so it's not that loud. Other posts have said to check the knock sensor. Is there a way to...
  14. W

What have you done to your P5 today?

Spring detailing.
  15. W

p0300 advice on diagnosing

I was thinking about using Seafoam. I can see some black stuff on the pistons when I peek through the spark plug hole. but it runs fine so I suppose " if it ain't broke don't fix it" I'm afraid Seafoam will ruin my cats and o2 sensors... it turns into smoke but it can't be good to have all...
  16. W

Car doesnt start every once and a while

I didn*t know our cars have an anti theft immobilizer
  17. W

removing the lower side skirt mouldings

thanks. is there a part number or do I just say I need clips for the side skirts?
  18. W

my worst fear, might've finally happened...

I had a misfire suddenly and it turned out to be an arcing spark plug wire. Always try the easiest solution first. although I would assume the shop already checked those things first. you can also check injectors by holding a screwdriver to one and the other end to your ear and listen for a...
  19. W

removing the lower side skirt mouldings

Is there an easy way to remove the side skirt moldings? I want to clean up and inspect the metal underneath for rust. they're held on by clips but i already broke one trying to pull it off. do they have to come off a certain way? and once i get it off how would I get it back on? seems like...
  20. W

It's the end of clean car season!

I worked on my car like a madman during the fall. new shocks, new hoses, new brakes.... All i need to do is rear end links but the bolts are seized and have to be cut off, gonna take that to a shop due to the fact that i don't want to be cutting bolts off 2 in. from the brake line. lol. bring...
Back