Search results

1. M

Bricked my CMU and need a new one - what is the part number for replacement?

Just did a post-mortem. Looks like the USB stick I used failed, as the hashes did not match. DO NOT USE A CHEAP USB STICK. Lesson learned. Anyone have advice on how to replace my CMU? Is it much more complicated than removing the screen (which I have done)? I'm assuming it is plug and play?
  2. M

Bricked my CMU and need a new one - what is the part number for replacement?

I was trying to update the firmware on a 2015 Mazda 3, but for some reason it failed. I used the same file as my 17 CX-5, which worked perfectly. Very upsetting, but I guess I need a new CMU. What is the model number, and can I use any CMU from a Mazda3 in that year? Any help would be greatly...
  3. M

2005 Mazda3 Hatch for sale, 5spd, 212k miles, 1 owner, NJ

I have a 2005 Mazda 3 hatchback that I had for 13 years now. It has been very well taken care of during her life, with regular oil changes and maintenance. New tires, new suspension, belts done recently. Unfortunately it appears the timing chain is about to go, so it needs some work in that...
  4. M

Mazda radar cruise control with stop and go

I've had mine stop fairly quickly when the car in front of me braked fairly hard. Not sure I trust it enough for an emergency braking situation--anyone know if it will apply max braking in such cases?
  5. M

New 2017 CX-5 has Dead pixels in Mazda connect screen?

Is there a chance that a software update might help? If so, how is the software updated anyway?
  6. M

i'll probably just wait till my first oil change. don't want my car to be the first one they ever take apart.
  7. M

Not thrilled either. That's why I'm going to hold off a bit. Weird thing is it was normal when I first got it (had two miles on the odometer). Issue seemed to happen a couple days later.
  8. M

I noticed the other day that the screen had a thin red line running top to bottom on the right side of the screen. I tried turning the car on and off but it still shows up (on every screen, even welcome/shut down screens with the Mazda logo). A little annoying since the car has barely 100...
  9. M

2017 Horn

I noticed a good sounding horn on my 17 when i locked it. This is coming from a 2005 Mazda3 owner who had to purchase another horn and tack it on top of the OEM to get a nicer dual tone because stock just wasn't cutting it.
  10. M

How does Auto Hold work?

Dealer explained a little bit but I don't quite get it. It basically lets you let your foot off the brake at a stop and moves automatically? what if the car in front stops again? do I have to keep re-engaging? Would prefer not to test this out in real life without understanding it...
  11. M

2017 GT Premium package decision

I'm also back and forth. 1800 is a lot for features you probably won't use too much. If I can get a better deal on one I think I'd consider it.
  12. M

2013 Maxda CX-5 Wouldn't Start, Crazy Instrument Panel Displays

Check the battery connections for corrosion maybe?
  13. M

Bought a new 2017 CX5 - should I purchase extended warranty?

The one thing that is concerning with these cars is the LED headlamps. I've seem quite a few 16's on the road with one LED not working. Given that you probably have to swap out the entire assembly, that could be a very costly ordeal.
  14. M

Type of financing or incentives to expect for 2017 CX-5?

Yup, the GT is an awesome deal.
  15. M

Honestly I think MSRP is very fair for the car you get. Would be okay with that.
  16. M

I had a dealer try to tell me no incentives would be available plus there would be a markup. Can someone provide some data points? Thanks!
  17. M

What did you pay for your CX-5?

Any indications on where they would be in terms of pricing? I went to test drive a GT with Premium Pkg and the guy wanted a $3k premium since it was the first one in the area. Fair enough, since people might pay it. He said any other inbound ones would be at sticker. Not sure if that's...
  18. M

The All-New 2017 Mazda CX-5 Units Have Arrived in U.S. Ports!

I test drove a 17 today in central NJ. Dude had a $3k markup on it. Told him no thanks, I can wait.
  19. M

Anyone know how the "Driving For Good" $500 Rebate Works?

In the market for a 17 CX-5 and saw that Mazda is giving $500 for donations under this program. I have an old beater that is rusting away so I figure I can donate it and get the rebate. Does anyone know how this works? I'm not sure it's even registered and I can't find the title, so I want to...
Back