Search results

1. C

2016 Constant squeaking brakes

did you use Disk Brake Quiet? If not, that's your problem
  2. C

Strong gas smell

That looks like straight oiul to me, used, but oil. If there were gas in it, the stain would have spread more, be more lighter. Otherwise, I can't smell it. It may be gas. have the oil tested to be sure.
  3. C

Strong gas smell

Are you sure it was gas? Mazda-spec'd oil is pretty thin and I've noticed too, it doesn't smell like regular 10W-40 oil. Especially too, as it's synthetic. Was it very brown or discolored?
  4. C

How to Install Aluminum Pedals, Dead Pedal, Brake and Accelerator

I'm going to modify that one tomorrow, move it right a bit. Thank you.
  5. C

Investigating Aluminum Foot Pedals...

Check the 'How To' page for the complete install on these https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123860257-How-to-Install-Aluminum-Pedals-Dead-Pedal-Brake-and-Accelerator
  6. C

How to Install Aluminum Pedals, Dead Pedal, Brake and Accelerator

How to install Aluminum Pedals I found these aluminum pedals on Amazon a few weeks ago. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N78VA16/?tag=m20b7-20 They seem to be good, somewhat better than the OEM ones (I thought) and definitely cheaper. The raised pads were surprisingly thick and really...
  7. C

I'm going to update this install with an aluminum plate and the pedals sourced from Amazon. I may add this then to a 'How to' listing
  8. C

The CX-5 LED Lighting Thread

The lens are easy to take off. insert a small flat scredriver into the *sides* of the lens. There is a small indent post there. Spread the back support a bit and they will pop off. The bulbs are harder to get out as it's difficult to grab the bulb and pull it. I did wedge the same small...
  9. C

I've been looking at these a bit and found a few on Amazon and eBay. The Amazon part had some install instructions. *** INSTALLATION GUIDANCE: 1. Remove rubber brake pedal cover (pry off from door side first). 2. Install foot rest first by lining up, use 3/32 drill through pre-drilled holes...
  10. C

TPMS failure

The problem was not in the miss-use prevention part of the system. It was simply the #%$!$% settings in the infotainment system to "remind" me to check the tire pressure. I did not look closely enough in this when I was fooling around with it. The dealer was very nice, very helpful. Also...
  11. C

$4.99 cup LED's

Quote Originally Posted by batmancx View Post I appreciate Tomcat's write up and ingenuity Oh, I can appreciate that, writeup and ingenuity. I just don't get the reason for the light. I would think it would be too much in the dark. then again, you wouldn't like some of the things I put in...
  12. C

$4.99 cup LED's

begs Why?
  13. C

TPMS failure

yes, I do also. It immediately reverts to Tire Pressure Increase Pressure'
  14. C

TPMS failure

thanks
  15. C

TPMS failure

Thank you, I will look into this.
  16. C

TPMS failure

UPDATE: TPMS failure I purchased a 2014 CX-5, GT in late March, 50K miles. New tires last fall. I checked the tire pressure then, late March, and each tire was over 40 PSI, like 42-43. I set the pressure back to 36. No problems. Today while driving the TPMS indicator came on, 'Tire Pressure...
  17. C

CX-5 Oil Change with Filter

that are close, not exactly the same
  18. C

Blue or Black Calipers?

My thoughts on that are, the calipers need a contrasting color, not complimentary
  19. C

Blue or Black Calipers?

IMHO, red but then, these are just the OEM wheels
  20. C

Left vs Right Side Engine Air Filter

How did you clean the MAF?
Back