Search results

1. S

New Mazda 2 owner

I believe OrangeVirus Tuning offers ECU tuning, but I personally have not gotten it. Their website doesn't have anything for the 2, but when I emailed them, they referred me to the Mazda 3 handheld tuner.
  2. S

Radiator Electric Cooling Fan

My 2 does the same thing when AC is on.
  3. S

BC Racing BR Coilovers Impressions

Yup, you're right. I'm running 195/50R15 on a 15x7. I started off at around 33 psi and was rolling over a lot, especially when I didn't have any camber. I did entertain the idea of a co-driver to improve my driving. We have many good drivers out here so I'll probably do it when I get more...
  4. S

Some updates since my last post. I got an alignment and corner balance last month. Front: -2.5 deg camber and 0 toe Rear: -1.4 deg camber and 5/16 toe in (can't adjust). Also went to three autocross events. The car handles great and is a lot of fun for such low powered car. With the RE-71rs, I...
  5. S

Went autocross this weekend at the Sonoma Raceway parking lot. It was a half wet half dry day with a lot of runs so it was a very good day to get used to the coilovers. I love that the 2 can keep up with faster cars like the S2000 in the wet. I had the 650lb front and 425lb rear springs on the...
  6. S

Tony and Jeff, Thanks for the info. I'll consider the tires and play around with the shocks more. I did put in softer springs in the rear as you guys recommended and it improved the ride quality quite a bit. From my old civic, I had 5" long 425 lb and 6" long 375 lb Eibach springs laying...
  7. S

I know this thread is dead, but figured I'll leave some input for future information. Installed BC Racing BR coilovers this past weekend. I ordered the custom coilovers with 12 kg/mm front and rear springs rates with Swift Springs. There was some mix up and BR sent me the coilovers with their...
  8. S

Civic Ground Control coils on the 2

Hmm, that's interesting. Never thought about no front sway bar. I'll try that out. Went to another autocross event this weekend. My PAX time was 138 out of 220 and a STF prepped Honda Fit was 3 seconds faster than me, which was kind of discouraging. I have a lot to improve on.
  9. S

Thanks Zach. Good info in your build thread! I ended up ordering BC racing coilovers with swift springs. 12 kg/mm front and rear springs rates. Haven't seen any reviews on the Mazda2, but saw several good reviews for other cars so we'll see how it is.
  10. S

Thanks flatlander. Those are much needed tips. I was also looking at BCs and Konis, it's like you read my mind. I actually went straight to STF from reading your build thread. I'll have to comb through it again.
  11. S

Hi all, I recently got the 2013 Mazda2 Sport and did my first autocross in it last month. Extremely fun, especially in the wet. Already got wheels and tires to compete in STF and thinking about suspension. I read several STF build threads on this forum and pretty excited to get into this. For...
Back