Search results

1. H

Show me your CX-5 wheels

Nice look! How are you liking the G015's? I put ours on last fall for a road trip and then never bothered to take them off. I ended up modding some pieces of wood to support one of the original tires as a full size spare for road trips.
  2. H

17" Stock Rims - and limitations on Snow Chains?

Thank you for the research and the update. I think I'll pick up a set and try them with the front wheel in the air. This is encouraging.
  3. H

All-Terrain Tires

Extremely happy with them. Wife noted a bit more road noise on certain types of highway pavement, but it never bothered me. We recently put a thousand miles or so on a road trip, a mix of dry & straight highway, dirt/washboard roads, rain, and a hailstorm at ten thousand feet. Granted, I didn't...
  4. H

All-Terrain Tires

Here are the Geolandar A/T G015 mounted on MSW Type 22's. So far I'm happy with them, but I've only driven 30 miles or so on the highway; we won't have an opportunity to take them offroad for a few weeks.
  5. 2018-08-27 10.01.04-crop.jpg

2018-08-27 10.01.04-crop.jpg

6. H

All-Terrain Tires

We're going to be trying those G015's this fall/winter with a mix of highway, possible light snow, mud, and light offroad (fire road) use. They are 30lbs vs 26 for the stock G91A's that came on our 2016.5 touring.
  7. H

Extended warranty: yay or nay?

We didn't, simply on account of how sleazy the 'finance guy' was. Also he wouldn't let us sleep on it, even for one night. To me that's an instant no.
  8. H

CX-5 sat for the winter, and mice got to it!

Rats have been a recurring issue for my Integra, which sits outside and isn't used much. The only thing that has worked so far is moth balls. Put a few in some old socks or nylons and tie them around the engine bay in a couple of places. Smells awful, but worth it. One year they chewed the...
  9. H

That sounds fun! Any issues clearing the strut in the area circled in this photo? You can see it right through the wheel with a flashlight. This is the area I was seeing contact with our cables.
  10. 2016-12-24 02.09.46.jpg

2016-12-24 02.09.46.jpg

11. H

smartwatches and infotainment connection

It's a common Android Wear issue. I stopped wearing my Huawei watch because of it. With my Gear S2 I never have trouble with car connections. Let us know if the app helps. In the meantime I'm waiting to see if anything changes when AW2.0 comes out.
  12. H

Cx5 heated mirrors

Interesting. We spent a week in Utah and I had read in the manual for our 2016.5 Touring (Bose & Tech) that turning on the rear defroster heated the mirrors, but while the rear window cleared right up, the side mirrors never seemed to clear of ice until I cleaned them myself. I wondered if they...
  13. H

We have a 2016.5 CX5 Touring with stock 17" rims. We happened to have a set of Security Chain Company SZ143 super Z6 tire chains for another car, and they say they fit the CX5 stock wheel/tire size. Before a trip to Utah this winter, we test-fit the chains on the front wheels. While they do...
Back