Search results

1. A

Hitch Installation on 2018 CX-9 -- lower panel safe to remove?

Looking at the hitch installation video from eTrailer -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNkDen6Def4 -- they mention that the lower trip plate is going to stay off. It seems like that plate assembly keeps the middle of the bumper cover attached to the frame. Is it okay to keep this cover off...
  2. A

CX-9 Front radar sensor replacement?

An issue popped up today, which, depending on its resolution may determine whether my first Mazda will become my last Mazda. Smart Brake System Malfunction / Front Radar Sensor System Malfunction started popping up. I've seen both previously, though they always go away after restart. This time...
  3. A

Rear camera problems since Android Auto update?

I've been having a problem, where putting the car in reverse doesn't bring the camera on. Restarting the car doesn't help, but the infotainment 3-button reboot does bring it back. The problem had started since upgrading to Android Auto/replacing the USB ports. Since rebooting the software...
  4. A

Liftage proximity lock

A very annoying thing with my 2016 CX-9: proximity lock works great, as long as the last thing closed is one of the doors. If the last thing closed is the liftgate, the car never locks. Is there any way around this?
  5. A

2016 CX-9 -- screen stuck on Mazda logo

Since tonight it seems to be stuck on the initial boot logo. I powercycled the car a few times, but even after a 30min drive it did not load. Is there a good way to attempt a hard reset on the entertainment system? Would like to try before having to go to the dealer ... UPDATE: After sitting...
  6. A

Entertainment system on with engine off?

Is there a way to kill the engine, but keep the audio system on? For example, if you're in the middle of a call/song/etc that you'd like to continue? Basically, is there an equivalent of half-key rotation? :)
  7. A

Dashcam installation in 2016 CX-9 GT?

Please post your experiences mounting dashcam(s) in CX-9? Seems that the sensor block behind mirror, and reflection of the screen in windshield at night limit the location choices somewhat. Also, has anyone hardwired one yet? Will appreciate any experiences shared.
  8. A

'16 CX-9 Cargo Liner

Any advice on cargo liner for '16 CX-9? I've found the WeatherTech one, but it seems to cover the folder 3rd row, which will necessitate taking it out, when/if the 3rd row goes up? Are there any other alternatives?
Back