Search results

1. B

2016~2023 5-pin flat trailer connection

My trailer requires a 5-pin flat connector coming from the CX-9. The 5th wire in the reverse. I installed the 4-pin connector, but I don't know where to tap into reverse since the reverse lights are in the hatch starting in 2016. Can anyone help?
  2. B

Electrical connecting for trailer hitch 2019 CX-9

Mazdadude, the socket is in the rear hatch, I need the reverse circuit wire before it goes into the hatch. I don't think you understood my question.
  3. B

Electrical connecting for trailer hitch 2019 CX-9

I know how to connect a standard 4-wire trailer connection. My trailer also requires a 5th wire connected into the reverse light circuit. Where can I find the reverse wire on the car?
  4. B

16-17 owners ... what warranty work have you needed?

CX-9 2016 - I had infotainment problems with screen going dark, freezes etc. Dealer tried new SD card which made it better, but not fixed. Eventually dealer replaced the entire screen. Now fixed. I had the weather strip noise others mentioned. That's about it. I loved the car, but traded for a...
  5. B

2016~2023 Heating system lights on the buttons

I just picked up a 2019 CX 9. I did a lot of research before buying it and trading a 2016 CX 9. Don't ask why. Well one thing really seems like a design error. On the heater controls at night, when you turn it on, the display lights up as do all the surrounding buttons. Yet in daylight, when you...
  6. B

New cargo tray for CX9 2010-2015

Buy it now on ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/122285018026? I will accept a $50 offer with free shipping to lower 48 from anyone on Mazda247.com
  7. B

CX-9 is in running for SUV of the year

I shopped for a Highlander replacement on and off for a couple of years. Drove the Audi Q5, Volvo xc60 and 90, F-Pace and on and on. I never really considered the CX9. Then I read about it and took a drive or two. Wow I now own a Signature for the last month or so. I love everything about the...
  8. B

VW Atlas 2018 said to challenge CX9

http://nseavoice.com/cars/2018-volkswagen-atlas-sending-shivers-to-mazda-cx-9-920017971.html
  9. B

Heads up display missing speed limit CX9 2016

It is showing fine on the Nav screen, but just disappeared from the HUD.
  10. B

CX-9 is in running for SUV of the year

I have had my 2016 CX9 for a month and have yet to experience the emergency breaking at all. I certainly would not call it "overzealous".
  11. B

Heads up display missing speed limit CX9 2016

Was working fine now is gone. Any ideas about what happened?
  12. B

Help with trailer wiring for 2016 CX9

I bought everything at etrailer as well. When I didn't get a quick response to my post I just did it. Here are a few pointers I picked up. In addition to taking out the jack, I removed 2 other plastic parts at the bottom right. This made it easier to pull the panel far enough away from the...
  13. B

delimia of waiting for used or buying new?

Where did you find 10%? That is amazing! As I said in a previous reply, I got 4% at a dealer fairly close to me and was happy with that. I just got mine 10 days ago and as a bonus it came with the ambient lighting package which is cool. In shopping around I was getting everything from full msrp...
  14. B

2016 CX-9 Rear Cargo Area Nets

Is your cargo tray from Mazda or Weathertech?
  15. B

Getting to the trailer plug in the wiring harness in the new 2016.

I'll reply to my own post. It took some effort, but I got the interior panel loose and installed the wiring harness for the trailer. There are 2 bolts that must be removed first. One is at the black plastic hook on top of the interior panel (passenger side) and the other is behind some plastic...
  16. B

The discount where I live in Maine/New Hampshire can be negotiated to around 4%. You have to see what you can get in your area. I go into a dealership and say exactly what I want to buy (color, trim level and options) and what I want to pay. I do all my shopping online so I know selling prices...
  17. B

I think it will be tough finding a used 2016 since they just came out in June 2016 I believe. You might save some if you can find a dealer demo unit with 2000-3000 miles on it once the 2017 comes out. I've read that the price will rise on the 2017 model and I also read that there is likely to be...
  18. B

Getting to the trailer plug in the wiring harness in the new 2016.

This is a re-post from the "how to section". I have read previous posts on this, but need some advice on how to get to the wiring plug on the back passenger side. I removed the plastic trim piece across the back where the trunk latch is. Now I'm trying to pry off the interior panel on the right...
  19. B

Help with trailer wiring for 2016 CX9

I have read previous posts on this, but need some advice on how to get to the wiring plug on the back passenger side. I removed the plastic trim piece across the back where the trunk latch is. Now I trying to pry off the interior panel on the right. I don't want to break anything so I could use...
  20. B

Consumer Reports on the New CX 9

Hi HerbM3, Since I first drove the F-Pace a few months ago, I was convinced I wanted that car. I was waiting for the diesel to come out to test drive it. It seems that will happen in Nov. While waiting I continued to read car reviews and came across the CX-9. Mazda had never been on my radar...
Back