Search results

1. B

MSP hot start issues

I have a neural switch code and thats it. I am getting fuel but no spark. Cold starts perfectly. Or right after I shut it off it will start up no problem. But if you let it sit a few minutes, might as well wait an hour before it will fire up again.
  2. B

MSP hot start issues

I have a speed protege with a forged bottom end and a freshly rebuilt head. It cold starts fine but after it heats up, it will not start. It turns over good but will not start. However if I push start it, it will fire up no problem. The battery, alternator and starter are new. Mods are fmic with...
  3. B

SS AFC running too lean.

I had a barro code and neutral safety switch code. I noticed an exhaust leak so I got to get that fixed as well (tighten bolts). Also the harness to the maf looks pretty ragged to be honest with you.
  4. B

SS AFC running too lean.

That is so true. Everything is in that one thread and I can't find anything!
  5. B

SS AFC running too lean.

They are purple and green. Mazdaspeed and reg protege injectors are the same size? And how do I stop it from hitting 5v?
  6. B

SS AFC running too lean.

Okay for some reason it changed to 6 cylinder. I have everything else exactly the way you said to put it. I am fighting fuel cut issues right now at about 10psi. My afr's are good. They creep to the high 11s in the top end but I shift if it hits 12. (12.2 is the max safe limit if my memory is...
  7. Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

8. B

SS AFC running too lean.

Well the problem ended up being a bad uego sensor. But now the only issue is my r4 is showing an inaccurate engine rpm. it says 600 at idle instead of 800 and about 2700 at 4k. Any ideas?
  9. B

SS AFC running too lean.

I recently installed the SS AFC with datalogging and I have had a huge problem with it running lean. No matter what map I use it runs way to lean. AFRs on boost start at 11.5 and creep to 15 before I either pull back or it cuts. I am running stock boost pressure. relocated MAF, FMIC, forged...
  10. B

AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

Well I went out and messed with the lines a little bit. I am spiking at 9.5 and super steady at 9. I have a turbosmart actuator so maybe its the reason its so high.
  11. B

Would you mind sharing your map? I would like to try it one day after I get the rest of the supporting mods. And I don't know why boost is that high. before the build it would spike at 7 settle at 6 and drop to 5.5. I do have an exhaust leak somewhere. My afr's are going too lean while cruising...
  12. B

Are you getting 16 with the SS afc or another form of management? I just ordered an afc and after my engine is broken in a want to adjust the tune and boost. I'm forged so I think I can handle 16psi. For some reason I am at 9 super steady now with no boost controller with just an exhaust and fmic.
  13. B

Kinugawa Turbo Exhaust Manifold - Anyone heard of it?

I might try this since I am planning on doing a custom turbo back and I already have modified oil and coolant lines. I am currently breaking in a freshly built engine so I will be on the stocker for at least another month.
  14. B

MSP engine build

Well I will look into my options after the engine is back in. I should have tie to get the head and crank tomorrow.
  15. B

MSP engine build

Well I was under the impression that the afc can only handle so much boost due to providing a proper afr. But you have mentioned before the ss afc. I have only seen maps up to 14psi.
  16. B

MSP engine build

I would consider running a standalone in the future. I would just have no idea how to work a haltec. As far as megasquirt is was pnp3 on a miata so it was not too difficult to figure out and I had help from literally everybody and their grandma. I was hoping I could force 14 out of afc. I...
  17. B

MSP engine build

This is my 1st thread so feel free to throw suggestions as I am still new to these cars. So I am rebuilding the engine with k1 rods and wiseco pistons. Unfortunately we were on such a strict time line I haven't been able to take as many photos as I wanted but I have some video. We are military...
  18. IMG_0155 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0155 (800x600).jpg

19. IMG_0157 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0157 (800x600).jpg

20. IMG_0154 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0154 (800x600).jpg

Back