Search results

1. H

Some beginner CX-9 questions about the car

To set the Homelink - (The Mazda instructions are not very good or very clear) - Take your garage door opener and position it up by the windshield pointing backwards (Pointing to the back of the backup-up mirror) then hold both the button you want to program and the door opener "on" together -...
  2. H

Openpilot with level 2 automation

Most newer vehicles now offer a choice 1. Let you steer - only apply torque when you drift out - (Mazda) 2. Let the vehicle steer itself - (Lane Centering, Trace, etc.) - (Toyota, Kia, Hydunai, etc., etc.) Mazda is falling behind by not offering a CHOICE. (That's why I'll be trading in my CX9...
  3. H

2016~2023 Blind spot & lane keep not functional

The public will want *Auto-Pilot Cars* (actually semi-autonomous Level 2) This is clear from the fact that every major manufacturer (Except Mazda and GM) offers it on almost all of their vehicles. It appears the new Telluride and Palisades are now just behind Tesla, Mazda's holding up the...
  4. H

I appreciate that *Lane Centering* (Basically "Auto-Steering"), is not (YET) desired by most customers. But I think the reason is that they are simply unaware that it exists, and/or have never experienced driving a vehicle on a highway where the vehicle actually steers (and brakes and...
  5. H

Ya - the problem in the automotive industry is that there is no standardization in ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) naming. Speaking of "Lane Keeping" - there are now 3 different types of systems available... 1. The old passive systems - detect lanes and warn you (only) when you drift...
  6. H

I believe that Lane Keeping Assist and Blind Spot are two completely unrelated things. (And Bluetooth has nothing to do with it). I think you'll find each separate item in the settings menu - you need to make sure they are both active. And I think that the on/off button for Lane Keep Assist...
  7. H

Smart City Brake Support" I guess?

Smart City Brake Support" I guess? Over the almost 2 years I have owned my 2018 CX-9 and monitored this forum, I have only seen very limited discussions regarding our suite of safety systems and how they work (or not) with each other. The other day I had my first experience with (I guess) the...
  8. H

2020 model year changes

So it looks like no major body changes for the 2020 CX-9. Im not surprised, major body tooling and assembly fixtures cost hundreds of millions of dollars, so all auto manufactures try to make their current sheet metal bodies last as long as possible. (Which in some ways as good news for we...
  9. H

2019 CX-9 interior lighting is way too harsh...How can I change it?

Well to each his own....I'm happy I have the 2018 lights - where in the dark I can press anywhere on that big light itself to turn it on or off. The "improved" 2019 has tiny buttons you need to feel around for.... seems like a great step backwards to me.
  10. H

For Driver-Assist system enthusiasts

Wow In my experience the very best use of the Stop-n-Go Cruise control is in heavy traffic. (I love it so much I made a video about it). But yea, youre so right, youre driving; you need to have complete control. Yet, in my experience, even though the Adaptive Cruise doesnt always adjust...
  11. H

On my first really long road trip up from Florida to West Virginia using all the CX-9 driving assists. I love the Adaptive Cruise Control, actually used it pretty much 100% of the whole freeway cruise. I use the farthest setting, and go for hours without using the gas or brake * it makes long...
  12. H

2020 Refresh Speculation

As Mazda tends to use (more or less) the same Infotainment system on all of their vehicles, the CX9 will likely get a version of the newer Mazda 3 system * which I think may be exactly the wrong way to go. (According to the Youtube vids I*ve seen), their new system features a non-touch screen...
  13. H

Repair - Paint Match? - Looking for opinions

Just thank your lucky stars you didn*t get Soul Red Crystal Metallic (Like I did)! I had a very slight backup accident that required a new rear *bumper*. The first time I picked it up the rear bumper (which unfortunately is half the rear fender), looked like a completely different color (PINK)...
  14. H

2019 CX-9 - list of design problems/complaints

Lane Keeping (so called ASSIST) is useless, and pretty much outdated anyway. Mazda is still trying to do with an LKA system that (in theory) waits until you are about to cross out of your lane, then (SOMETIMES) lamely tries to gently push you back to the center. (Mine works kind of OK to the...
  15. H

Thanks for the link * but here*s the problem* That link states that Mazda has *Lane Trace* * (Madza does say that it has this in one of its websites). But I have asked this group in previous posts does anyone have *LANE TRACE" on their Mazda? (And never received any answer). So if this...
  16. H

When you need to swerve suddenly to avoid something in your lane you simply do exactly the same thing as you currently do (Manually Swerve)! (Speaking as the old man I am, when I was younger and buying a new GM car every year (Say about in the 1960s - 70's), they always needed a front end...
  17. H

Should Mazda consider a 4 or 5 seater CX-9?

Thanks very much!
  18. H

Thanks for your comments and the link! (I know I will eventually have to test drive one but I want to put that off as long as possible because once the dealer copies your drivers license, they hound you to death for the next 6 months.) I dont care about anything to do with changing lanes my...
  19. H

I guess when you get really old like me (and move to Florida), your priorities change! I had a 56 Chevy, and a 59 Chevy with Tr-power and 4 on the floor - used to spend Sat nites dragging on Woodward Ave by 8 Mile road in Detroit!
  20. H

It is extremely frustrating to try and understand EXACTLY what vehicles have really good ADAS (Advanced Driver Assist Systems), and which ones do not. WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT? > Different manufactures have different names for the same technologies. > The car salespeople (mostly) do not...
Back