Search results

1. S

Installing switches in the control panel???

I want to add interior accent lights and floodlights to my CX-5. However, keeping the vehicle looking stock is really important to me. The problem I'm having is figuring out how to put clean looking switches in the car. My primary target is the TCS/TPMS pannel (where the dash dimmer and other...
  2. S

Install kits still good for 2016 model?

Sorry this is a few weeks late. I may be misunderstanding the situation, but I do not believe that a bad Bluetooth module would effect the buttons on the steering wheel when connected to an aftermarket system. I have my Bluetooth module unplugged an all by buttons work... The only defect I...
  3. S

Speakers impedance

The Polk amp is rated at 75W x 4 channels @2 ohms. (For reference, most after market in dash receivers are either 25W x 4 or 50W x 4) You will have plenty of headroom, so I wouldn't worry about going a little under the impedance rating. I have a similar setup with 3.5" polks in the front and...
  4. S

Speakers impedance

Your calculation is right. Although its never a great idea to run under the rated impedance, I would not be too worried about being 15% under. The problem with running under the rated impedance is that you can over draw your amp really easily. So as long as you don't push the amp above 2/3...
  5. S

Install a Backup Camera 2016 CX-5

Next remove the 4th panel, here is a picture of where the clips are: unlike the side door panel clips these ones do not break, or I am getting a lot better at this. I chose to attach the camera right above the license plate. So instead of drilling any holes, I ran the camera through one of...
  6. Outside view.jpg

Outside view.jpg

7. Run Wire inside.jpg

Run Wire inside.jpg

8. License plate light.jpg

License plate light.jpg

9. Pannel 4 contacts.jpg

Pannel 4 contacts.jpg

10. S

Install a Backup Camera 2016 CX-5

I couldn't find much info in helping me do this, so I have decided to share my experience here: Things I bought from ebay: $11 A backup camera (also came with a 20ft video and signal cable) $2 6ft Video cable, because 20ft was not enough (the rca kind, its yellow, you want one end to be...
  11. pannel 4 clip & handel.jpg

pannel 4 clip & handel.jpg

12. pannel 4 prep.jpg

pannel 4 prep.jpg

13. pannel 4 clip.jpg

pannel 4 clip.jpg

14. Pannel 2&3.jpg

Pannel 2&3.jpg

15. Pannel Overview.jpg

Pannel Overview.jpg

16. Finished.jpg

Finished.jpg

17. Aux Wiring Guide.jpg

Aux Wiring Guide.jpg

18. S

Wow, that was much harder than I thought! Gives me more appreciation for the work RG_Flyer and awpgti did. So, the aux signal ends up in the Bluetooth header behind the stereo. (fyi, Bluetooth header behind the glove box does not have to be plugged in, the signal goes straight from the jack to...
  19. S

There is one last modification I would like to make. Hooking up the Aux input (next to the USB header underneath the temperature controls). Before I dive headlong into figuring this out on my own does anyone have any input? Otherwise, I plan on taking a battery and a multi-meter and finding...
  20. S

I also have seen improved reception. As long as your antenna has not been damaged, the main determinant to reception is how sensitive the radio tuner is (and of course quality of the signal coming from the tower, but there is nothing you can do about that) . And... RG_Flyer you are a gentleman...
Back