Search results

1. S

Great Tires

We had the same tires on our v6 Tribute and they had terrible traction in any wet weather. That's the trade off for an eco tire. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  2. S

Removing glue residue left on aluminium rims

You could try a magic eraser or even a 3m wonder wheel. Goo Gone is definitely safe/works, but requires a lot of elbow grease. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  3. S

Roof Rack Question

Does the sunroof make contact with the rack/cargo box. I'm torn between the Inno and the Rola racks. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  4. S

Thought I might add my 2 cents about MY09 GT Upgrades

We just recently were dealing with clunking on our 09 gt. We took it in because we were getting noises front and rear. First they replaced all the endlinks. That solved the problem in the rear but not the front. They put the front endlinks back on and replaced the bushings. No more clunks for us...
  5. S

rear sliding door windows not working

Is it the same for the front passenger window? If you recently disconnected your battery you may need to reset the window controls. I have to do it every time on my 6. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  6. S

Factory nav system

It's probably worth a hundred or so more to get Android Auto/Apple Carplay. (At this point you're putting in a 7 year old USED nav unit.) Then you just use your phone's GPS with superior navigation software and have better everything and possible expansion. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  7. S

Factory nav system

I'd bet that you wouldn't need anything else. Take a look at aftermarket stereo dash kits. They lay over the heater controls so I don't think they are connected at all. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  8. S

Getting ready to order

The fronts are easy. It's just two screws and then pop the window control panel up from the back. I did break a ton of clips pulling the door panels off but there were enough survivors to not cause a problem. Do you have a sub in mind for your setup? I'm still trying to find something compact...
  9. S

Getting ready to order

Is there a trick to installing rear speakers or do you have to completely disassemble the rear? I installed some RF components up front powered by a basic JVC HU and so far it sounds fantastic. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  10. S

2012+ mazda5 HID

How desolate are these desert roads? Maybe you could just mount an led light bar to your roof rack. +1 on TRS and I also don't know if I think opening your headlights to do a retrofit is worth it. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  11. S

Getting ready to order

Is it one of those little NVX amps? Those are so tempting... I'm just cheap and I'd rather save the money. Luckily for me, it'll be 80 here next week. The only thing to remember with amp installs is to keep the power and signal wires on separate sides of the car or cross them perpindicularly...
  12. S

Getting ready to order

Sometimes "pro-shops" aren't any better than what most people can do themselves. I highly recommend buying the same brand speakers because the efficiency between brands can vary a lot. I'm about to tackle a stereo install on my wife's 2009 5 this weekend. If it's anything like my 6, then...
  13. S

Mazda5: Prices paid and related questions

2009 Houston Grand Touring Automatic Everything but navigation 35k miles $9500 taxes paid Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Back