Search results

1. C

2.5 Turbo Swap

2.5 Turbo engines are now available used. They use a different trans, too. Will my PCM control the turbo (with a reflash) and tranny? A different ECU or instrument panel for my 2006 MX-5 both contain the VIN and can only be mated once. Once mated, the car will not start if one is changed...
  2. C

CX-5 Speedo error

My speedo has always read low vs GPS. Since I changed to the 19 inch GT wheels its a little worse, 2 mph. It may have gotten me a ticket, recently. Can the ECU be reflashed to compensate for the GT tires?
  3. C

Mazda Tracking Owners

This is VERY not cool. If my '16.5 has this it will be sold. I will NOT buy a Mazda with tracking built in! This is the reason I have a de-googled phone and tablet. https://www.autoevolution.com/news/your-new-mazda-knows-if-you-are-naughty-or-nice-and-doesn-t-keep-it-a-secret-202509.html
  4. C

Navigation Update Schedule

Is there a schedule for Nav updates? What is it?
  5. C

2013~2016 Replacing CX-5 Battery

Does the '16.5 CX-5 need to have a battery minder reset when the battery is replaced like a Bee Emm Vay, or Benz? I hope not. Mine is weak, because I ran it down too many times. It is also 3 months shy of 5 years old, too.
  6. C

Intake valve cleaner recommendation

My 2016 has 71000 miles on it. When it had @ 20k, it regularly cleared 30 mpg on highway trips, with the best being 32.4. But, I haven't seen 30 mpg in 2 years. Those same trips half-way across the state had dropped to 27 - 27.5. In preparation for a trip to FLA, I decided to try an...
  7. C

Valentine 1 For Sale

Valentine 1 for sale. SN 7106801315. Two and a half years old. Excellent condition, comes with all boxes, manual and accessories, most never used. It was hardwired and used a mirror mount. $225 + $15 shipping.
  8. C

Have you weighed your CX-5?

What did it actually weigh?
  9. C

Blose Dash Speakers

Are the corner dash speakers the same as the center speaker? My right mid/tweeter is buzzing and I never use the center. Would rather swap them than pay $78 for a speaker with $1.30 in manufacturing cost.
  10. C

Rear Diff Temp?

Anybody found a Scanguage II X-gauge for the rear differential temp?
  11. C

Towing Down Under

Under what conditions, in addition to trailer brakes, do Australian CX-5s get an 1800 Kg tow rating? Do your CX-5s have a transmission cooler different to the cylindrical cooler that bolts on to the trans we in the USA get?
  12. C

2016 Headlight Adjustment

Anybody have instructions on headlight adjustment? Which one is up/down? Is one up/down and the other left/right? Or is there an up/down adjustment for each beam?
  13. C

2016.5 Touring

I was rear ended last Thursday and it totalled my 2015 GT. The hitch was pushed down against the ground, the visor for the sunroof was opened half way and the interior trim panel above the hatch opening was knocked off! I was not hurt or even sore. Gotta love a Mazda! Now I have a '16.5...
  14. C

Stock Spring Specs

Anybody know the stock spring specs, especially the rates? I want to increase the rear rate, but NOT lower the car.
  15. C

How do I tell ....

Whether I have an FW6A-EL AT or an FW6AX-EL AT? Redline Oil shows both. Do I care?
  16. C

Compelling Performance Mods?

Was there any conclusion to the bickering in the other performance mod thread? I can't stand to read it.
  17. C

Koni Shocks/Struts

Who has either of the Koni Shock/strut kits on their CX-5? Please compare them to OEM.
  18. C

Prevent Unauthorized Door Opening

So, .... I'm standing beside my CX-5 having a wary conversation with a cat that looks like he might be willing to do bad things. How do I keep him from getting into my SUV with out my invitation? I already tried; I can open the passenger doors from the right front door with the fob beside...
  19. C

Speed?

What is the top speed for the CX-5? Does it have a speed governor?
Back