Search results

1. J

GATES brand replacement parts

The GATES brand parts (also ROCKAUTO) have been discussed a few times relating to serpentine belt tensioners and maybe a few other things. In those I mentioned I don't use GATES brand parts anymore. With that said, I've attached 2 videos that deal with Gates parts for SUBARU engines and...
  2. J

Rock Auto Wholesaler Closeout Parts

1) Go to rockauto.com 2) Choose make, year and model 3) Next to the engine size click the little orange RSS symbol 4) When the page opens, look on the right side with the heading" Love A Bargain?". Then click on the little blue HTML button. For my 2014 CX-5 there were some Centric brake pads...
  3. J

Chasing down clunks and rattles

Been trying to locate source(s) of some rattles and a recently developed (last few months - it's not horrible and I'm not crawling around under the car in cold and rainy weather, so no big hurry) rather solid sounding clunk which appears to be coming from the front suspension. These happen...
  4. J

CX-5 heater core issues discussed on another Mazda forum

I know some of are aware of (and post on) the 'mazdaforum.com' website, but have you noticed any problems discussed there in more detail than here. I was just perusing over there and get the drift that the cx-5 heater core is maybe more of an issue than what's been discussed here. Sure there...
  5. J

Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring 225/65/17

Well, we finally got some snow beyond a dusting (about 2") and I finally got a chance to see their snow traction and it SUCKED. That is, worse than about any all-season tire I've had in the past. This is a sample of one (1) so keep that in mind. The tires have about 17,000 miles and were...
  6. J

Question about 1st gen CX-5 gas tank capacity.

If memory serves correctly,the gas tank capacity of my 2014 CX-5 is slightly more than 13 gallons.Tonight I put in 13.012 gallons according to the pump.My digital segment (no needle)gas gauge showed about 1/8 tank and "range" was about 50 miles left.Did not have low fuel warning light...
  7. J

What's shakin'? My cx-5 is.

Yesterday morning got an unpleasant surprise when backing into my parking space.Put car in reverse and it started shaking alot(at idle fully warmed engine after driving).Felt like a broken motor/trans mount.No shake in neutral or drive.Don't understand why as I don't abuse the car and it only...
Back