Search results

1. R

Almost cross-country roadtrip update - with trailer!

So, I finished a 6400 mile trip from the east coast, with a goal of Seattle, san Fran, and back again. I was hauling a www.myminitrailer.com trailer, which is essentially a HF trailer with a box on top. Still, 3000$, it was cheap, and light. CX-5 has a 2000lbs tow limit, and when loaded...
  2. R

Front camera blocked, defog windshield issue?

It's this a common issue? I get it often, with no weather concerns at all. Dry sunny days, rainy days with defogger on. Mornings, noon, and evenings. Clean wind shield all the time. Time to call the dealer, or is this a common bug?
  3. R

Installing hitch wiring. Question on killing the power

I installed my hitch. Next is wiring. The instructions say to disconnect negative battery. Can I throw on a battery tender to keep the electronics happy, or will disconnecting the battery do nothing?
  4. R

Towing noob info wanted: What can I tow?

I'm slowly trying to figure out all the meanings behind everything about towing. I understand the GVWR is the MAX the CX5 (2016 2.5 AWD in my case) can weigh, including cargo fluids and people, is 4500lbs That's nice...but how much can i add to the base? What is the base wet weight...
  5. R

Any camper pullers here? What do you got, and what do you recommend?

After trying to understand what all the things mean in the manual, and how to convert all the info into something I want to pull.....I still have NO idea what max camper I can pull! I was looking into Scamp Trailers, the 13' Deluxe...
  6. R

XM reception sucks. Any add-ons or mods?

I'm guessing the XM sat antenna is in the sharkfin? Has anyone played with OEM sat radio antennas before? I wouldn't mind getting something better.....even in areas that trees aren't covering 100% of the sky, it still cuts out!!!! Worse than any vehicle I've had with XM. For a mid-top...
  7. R

Adding Speedo HUD to the '16 CX5

So, I'm about to go on a journey I never wanted to.....I'm going to start playing with Arduinos and make a simple GPS Speedo HUD. I asked my brother if he knew how, and poof, there was a gift cert for Adafruit in my email. Sigh. I guess it's time to start. I've looked up people doing it...
  8. R

NAVTEQ GPS customized routes? Possible like the new Garmin OS?

My car GPS (umm...Garmin 2957? I forget), and matching OS Garmin NAV5 for my BMW motorcycle both can import routes/tracks to make your own pre-planned trip. Does the Navteq have this ability through the SD card? It's so nice to pre-plan a road trip using Furkot or perish the thought...
  9. R

Bulb types for 2016

Hey all, is there a good list of all the bulb types for the 2016 (with tech package, if that changes anything)? Looking to replace the front turnsignal (1157??) and some of the interior bulbs, mostly the trunk bulb, because I will have that open often. Then again, there is a switch on that...
  10. R

Stupid question. How do you turn music...just...OFF!?

Just picked up my 16 CX5 GT with all the bits and bobs. But....how in the world do I just turn off the music? There isn't an on/off button. The manual doesn't help. I will be listening only to xm and USB. Mute doesn't seem to pause....Just mute. It's kind of scary that the owners manual for a...
  11. R

Maybe new owner...have some questions

Howdy all. Looking into a CX-3 or maybe 5 if for some reason the wife doesn't like it. First off: How is the ride on the AWD? Second: headlights. I'm going to opt for the LED....has anyone used this yet? How is it at night? Night vision is a big concern over here in the woodsy mid-east...
Back