Search results

1. S

Subaru Forester 2019 color stripes

I sprayed plastidip stripes along the bottom of my CX-5 three years ago, got sick/bored and decided to point the pressure washer at them last month while washing the winter tires. https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123854881-PlastiDip-safe-on-paint . Ran across a review of the...
  2. S

Survived a blizzard. Thank you, Mazda!

I think this is the review that I watched before deciding on the DM-V2 (it was XI2 since XI3 wasn't available) https://www.tirerack.com/videos/index.jsp?video=373&tab=Winter Also, Mazda used the Blizzak at their Ice Academy, so I thought I'd just follow their recipe. And really, it doesn't...
  3. S

As mentioned, I have the XI3 on my Accord, and can confirm the above. The XI3 has a little less traction on ice, and especially on snow than the Blizzak, but the trade off is less road noise, slightly better handling on dry road, and will last longer. I actually was about to get the XI3 for my...
  4. S

Hello familiar names, long time no see, still no sense of humor. I see Unobtainium still in the same old habit of provoking others, good to be back to the same place :-)
  5. S

... and feel like getting back 4mpg and 30hp :-)
  6. S

Oh, and it's my first time seeing the yellow/orange traction control LED flashing like crazy during the whole drive.
  7. S

My 2016 has only 15K miles but the stock Geolandar is already down to 4/32 (and the winter tires took about 3K), not sure if I drove aggressively or the stock tires rating are low. I drove the stock tires for the first winter, AWD helped a lot with climbing hills and ramps, but stopping and...
  8. S

I know we've talked about winter tires and AWD all the time, but being able to drive 30 miles home safely in the middle of a Minnesota blizzard last week makes me appreciate the car a lot more. Just want to say thanks to all the helpful advices from this forum, I've learned a lot. Most of the...
  9. S

"Drive A Mazda? Your Privacy Could Be Gone In 10 Seconds"

Given how the infotainment can be tweaked with scripts easily, this doesn't come as a surprise. https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2018/03/09/mazda-privacy-hack-via-usb Actually I'd like to get my hand on the script. That'll be a cool tweak to keep track of the activity of the car...
  10. S

Can't find the 12v power source/cigarette lighter

I have an Aukey CC-T6 36W (2-port quick charge) plugged in the armrest all the time with no problem. It's also nice that the armrest wall has a notch to run the USB cable to the front. I also have a long USB cable running to the back seat for my daughter.
  11. S

SD card for navi

Pretty straightforward, from https://github.com/flyandi/mazda-enhanced-compass/blob/master/install/Instructions.txt: So, copy all the content of this folder (config, install, cmu_dataretrieval.up, dataRetrieval_config.txt, jci-autoupdate, placeholder.txt, tweaks.sh) onto a USB drive (FAT32...
  12. S

Help Me Decide: CX-5 vs. CR-V

I love how C&D uses carry-on luggages and ping-pong balls as measurement units, very practical: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-honda-cr-v-in-depth-model-review-2017-honda-cr-v-cargo-space-and-storage-review-car-and-driver-page-7
  13. S

SD card for navi

I've seen discussions about cloning the NAV SD on Mazda3, Mazda6, and Reddit forums, nobody has claimed succeeded (only a few were technical-savvy enough to know what to do), and then if someone made it to work, they probably won't share for legal reason. I don't think it's impossible, you can...
  14. S

Pandora working? Maybe..? Or just luck?

I had a problem once in a while that the car cannot start the Pandora app on my LG G2 phone automatically (I blocked Pandora from starting as a background service on my phone's startup), I just had to start Pandora on the phone myself. Once connected, it has always been stable, and like bigtex...
  15. S

So I did something stupid...

Second on polishing compound. I hit my right mirror on a big diamond construction site sticking out of the sidewalk, at 35mph, so hard the mirror folded in, left a big orange scar on the white paint. Took 10 minutes rubbing with the cheap Turtle wax I still have on the shelf from years ago...
  16. S

Reviews Monday for 2017s?

We were almost late to my daughter's lesson this afternoon, so I was driving a little aggressive. Turned a corner with ease but pushed it a little too hard I guess, I heard the tires screeched for a split second, sped up just to tail the car in front driving at 37-38mph on a 45mph-limit street...
  17. S

The debate between 2017 CR-V and 2017 CX-5 is now so boring that I don't even want to participate anymore. It was interesting two months ago, but now that the 2017 CX-5 are available for test drive and reviews, it's obvious that no one is comparing it to the CR-V anymore. Instead, the CX-5 is...
  18. S

Yup, a con for me, too. You know why the CR-V is so popular? Because my brother-in-law, my co-workers, my friends all bought the CR-V. And they're all clueless about cars. Best of them is my brother-in-law who can change oil and wheels, but have no idea what a broker bar or a torque wrench is...
  19. S

Yes, Audi, BMW, Lexus, ... all gone the turbo way. However, Mazda consciously decided not to put their turbo engine in the CX-5 because it's against their philosophy for the turbo lag and non-linear response. So, this point is moot for Mazda's target audience. I always love Honda quality...
  20. S

Off Topic So slow I'm ashamed...

That benchmark was published on 3/14, and the patch just came out this week. Let's wait for the new benchmark when other games implement the patch.
Back