Search results

1. M

Mazda5 2006 - Loose door handles

Replaced a front left (driver side) exterior door handle on 2004 Mazda5 Sport with an aftermarket part. Similar process to previous gen Mazda 5 as well as Mazda3 I imagine. What a pain though! Needed lots of patience. And ... proper plastic clips to replace the ones that broke when removing the...
  2. M

What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Thanks for the input and feedback. I've had nothing but good experiences with NGK plugs of all sorts, in a variety of vehicles. Several sets of Iridium IX's included. All were a fit based on NGK web site first and foremost but other web sites made those references too. So looking forward to...
  3. M

OK, I see what you mean. You're referring to the OE reference. NGK's list also includes other plugs so I don't see how any of them are wrong parts. Laser Platinum Spark Plug PTR5A-13 2467 Ruthenium HX High Ignitability Spark Plug LTR5AHX 90220...
  4. M

2012 Mazda5 Grand Touring ATF flush

Another option is Idemitsu Type-M, part 10113-042P. It may actually be the exact fluid sold by Mazda in its bottles but suppliers change over time. Either way it's 100% compatible with Mazda5's A/T.
  5. M

I don't think those are the wrong plugs. NGK Iridium 4344 (LTR5IX-11). Got them at RockAuto. So far so good.
  6. M

No, just drain and refill. I think this was my forth since purchase at 30k miles or so.
  7. M

2014 Mz5 Sport with 113,600 miles (182,800 km). In addition to the oil change, drained and refilled ATF, replaced the serpentine belt and spark plugs! It's overdue on the plugs. (And most likely the belt.) We'll see how NGK Iridium IX work out. (y)
  8. M

Need to do the belt as I'm at 111k miles on my 2014 Mz5 Sport with A/T. Tips above are great! But the other day I replaced the cabin air filter. Still remember the previous time I did it. Not too much fun. :) This time was easier as I knew what to do... but I really left it there for too long...
  9. M

Spongy brakes, bleeding doesn't work (2013 Mazda5)

Thanks again- very helpful! I should be on fresh fluid after recent service. Will see what dealers say. I was told to expect a nice diagnostics charge at the dealer that is usually the less expensive of the two. (I called with a general explanation of the issue a week ago or so.) I put too...
  10. M

Yes, it was 70k miles over 6 years or so. The system was probably bled when the vehicle was purchased but not since. OK, so as long the right part is installed, should be ok to install without dealer support hopefully. I've just reread this thread and saw the post about FORscan.org. I've never...
  11. M

Good point. I've never bled calipers on this vehicle in the 70k or so miles I've had it around. Might have led to this. And yes, watched the vid - thanks. Very helpful. Questions: 1) There is likely no way out then other than via replacement of the HCU including the electronic "brains" of it...
  12. M

Vehicle: 2014 Mz5 Sport with 100,500 miles. Similar brake pedal issue here. A week ago for no clear reason brake pedal travel decreased substantially according to the primary driver of the car. Brakes still work but really gotta push that pedal to the floor. No brake, ABS system or any other...
  13. M

Power Steering fluid maintenance?

You should be able to do the flush yourself unless you don't have the space and can't get access to tools. The URL posted earlier to a thread from a few years ago looks to be very helpful although I haven't done much by way of PS system service on my 5 yet. The system capacity is likely in the...
  14. M

What fluid for PS? 2013 M5

I really don't think it will make any difference. Either way, it's within spec. I thought that aftermarket would be cheaper. I guess it's just one bottle, not a big deal.
  15. M

Oops...deleted my own post. Sorry, user error. One quart is more than enough if you're just topping off. To flush and get to nice clean fluid, you'll probably need a little more than a quart.
  16. M

Lots of choices, thankfully. Mazda Genuine ATF M-III or M-V is what you'll see listed first in your OM most likely. But aftermarket products like Valvoline MaxLife multi-vehicle ATF (red bottle), Castrol Transmax multi-vehicle ATF (black bottle) and others will be fine in your P/S system. So if...
  17. M

Type of lug nuts for stock 17 inch wheels?

(2thumbs) Let us know if you get any more information on what ends up working for you.
  18. M

Summer tires (Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring) off and winter tires (Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7) on! Should have done it earlier but some things got in the way. Already missed a couple of snowy days one of which made me slide quite a bit. :( Word of caution: tire places in my area (West Michigan) and...
  19. M

Type of lug nuts for stock 17 inch wheels?

I have a 2014 5 Sport with what I believe to be factory lug nuts. Appear to be conical M12-1.50. My stock wheels are Mazda part number 9965-B6-6560 / 9965-D9-6560 or Hollander #64948 (16" aluminum). I don't know how many different types of lug nuts Mazda put out for 3's and 5's. P.S. I believe...
  20. M

Ronen... molodec - prosto super!
Back