Search results

1. M

No sound from left speaker and volume controls nav not music in Carplay

Exact same thing started to happen to my 2016 CX5 in the past month or so. I get no sound out of the left speaker and the volume control does nothing. I find disconnecting/reconnecting the iPhone fixes the problem. I also seem to recall switching between Carplay to radio and back also fixed it...
  2. M

DIY rear shock replacement

Has anybody done a rear shock replacement on a 2016+ CX5 themselves. I was hoping it was going to be as easy as other cars I've done but it really looks like I need to remove the rear coil spring before I can get to the bottom nut holding the shock on. How did you do it?
  3. M

Updated CX-5 dash speakers

I popped in a set of Polk db351's in the dash this afternoon. Pretty easy job once I gave up on trying to find a speaker adapter so I wouldn't have to cut the plug off the end of the Mazda harness. No luck on that. I hit several car stereo installation places and found nothing. Most of the...
  4. M

2013~2016 103k miles - shocks and struts replacement

Shocks are funny, they wear out slowly and the average driver doesn't notice the degradation till they totally fail. Now you might be happy with how the car currently drives, but if you got in a new car (or replaced the shocks) you'd notice the difference.
  5. M

Mazda OEM vs Value brake padsa

So after a lot of googling I found that the brake pad part number ending in MV denote Mazda Value pads. I decided to go with the supposedly better OEM pads via mazdaswag.com
  6. M

Mazda OEM vs Value brake padsa

Stopped by the dealer today to get some front brake pads. He told me he had Mazda OEM pads for $100 and value pads for $70. Claimed they were both from Mazda. I wasn't expecting that so I passed till I got some more info. Anybody else run across this? My searches for pads on mazda dealer parts...
  7. M

Mazda OEM vs Value brake pads

sorry, wrong forum
  8. M

Morimoto H11 HID

Any angry flashing from oncoming motorists with the LED? Against most recommendations ("the reflector isn't designed for it") I installed a HID on my motorcycle. I got more, whiter light and still nobody flashes me.
  9. M

fog light to driving light conversion

Has anybody converted he stock fog lights to driving lights? The current fog lights seem to be more decorative than useful. Driving lights in conjunction with high beams would see more use in my instance.
Back