Search results

1. T

AC on with Defrost

I noticed that in my 2012 Mazda5 that the AC will turn on automatically when the air blend selection is set to front defrost (so either front defrost on its own or while also blowing on your feet, accessed through either the defrost dedicated button or through the air blend mode selector...
  2. T

Worried about piston rings...

I bought a 2012 Mazda5 a couple weeks ago (minimal rust, 108k miles, manual trans), and flew a few states away to buy it (not that many manuals available!). Everything seemed to be fine on the drive back to the dealership in the car, but I also had my face mask on when sharing the car with the...
  3. T

Replacing Rear Springs on Mazda5

Two weekends ago I got to the source of a metallic rattling noise coming from the back of the 5 when going over bumps - a piece of the driver's side rear spring had rusted/sheared off! It was trapped between the rest of the spring and the lower control arm, free to rattle about. To remedy this...
  4. T

Adjustable Rear Camber Links

The Mazda5 tends to have too much negative camber which will eat through rear tires. When I got our '06 aligned, the rear was at around -2.5 deg, way too much! I decided to replace the stock upper camber link with an adjustable part to preserve the tires. First step - purchase adjustable rear...
  5. T

Mazda5 Rust!

Ah, rust... the brown cancer, the slow death, the bane of 2000's Mazdas' existence. And of course the microvan has it. I haven't done much with the wheel wells yet (which are getting pretty bad), but last weekend I started to take on what I could find underneath. Most of it was just surface...
  6. T

Mazda5 Dead Blower Motor

I just bought a 2006 Mazda5, base model with manual climate control. The blower motor does not work on any speed. The fuse is fine, which leaves the options as the switch itself, the resistor pack, and the blower motor. However, getting to both the resistor pack & the blower motor to check for...
Back