Search results

1. D

2019 CX-5 Brake questions

Two questions: 1. Approx. How many miles are you all getting on the original brakes (pads and rotors)? 2. Are OEM pads and rotors they way to go or can you get same or better quality at a lower price? If so who has the "sweet spot" in aftermarket parts that aren't crap? TIA
  2. D

2017~2024 Stupid? but how do you read/interpret the dipstick?

So I go to read the dipstick and it's at the low range. I flip the dipstick 180 degrees and it's a little past full. I wipe it off and repeat and it shows the same thing, and again and again. It appears the face of the dipstick facing forward always reads low and the back side reads high...
  3. D

2019 CX-5 2.5T Oil Change - Is crush washer still used on the drain plug?

I'm preparing for my CX-5's first oil change. The first surprise if that 5W-30 is the new recommended viscosity for the 2.5T vs 0W-20 on non turbo models. Are crush washers still used on the drain plugs for 2.5T models and are they the same spec. as previous models. I can't seem to find...
  4. D

'19 CX-5 Sig. - 500 mile report card

My report card at the 500 mile/3 wk point: Performance - A (turbo gives me more then enough torque in any driving situation, finally lots of fun and no lag) Handling - A Brakes - A (but haven't really put them to the test) Noise - B (Skyactive engines aren't the quietest, they get quieter upon...
  5. D

Toyo A36 (OEM tire on '19 CX-5) - Any good?

My '19 CX-5 came with Toyo A36 225/55/R19. Any feedback on these tires for 3 season driving? (I use Nokians in the winter). Are they "keepers" or should I trade them in while they're still new? There's minimal reviews at Tirerack. Any first hand experience here?
  6. D

Will '16 OEM Touring rims (17") fit a '19 Signature, Want to re-use my winter tires

Will '16 OEM Touring rims (17") fit a '19 Signature, Want to re-use my winter tires I'm trading my 2016 Touring model for a 2019 Signature. I have a set of Nokian R2 SUV winter tires mounted on an extra set of stock rims. (225/65/R17) 1. Will '16 OEM rims fit '17+ later models? 2. The '16's...
  7. D

Top 2 or 3 tires in 225/65/17 - Three season only

I just removed off my Nokian Winter Tires and installed my stock Geolanders which are getting pretty thin in tread depth. What are a few of your favorite three season tires. I care about rain performance but don't care about snow/ice since I use my Nokians in the winter. Any suggestions? TIA.
  8. D

What P225/65/17 tires are best for CX-5 AWD?? (3 seasons)

I'm about to need new tires for my AWD CX-5. (ie P225/65/17) I only care about 3 seasons because I use dedicated winter tires. (ie Nokian Hakkapaleta R2 SUV which are fantastic) What are 2-3 of the best tires for a CX-5 based on 3 season performance, good handling, low noise and PNW rain? I'm...
  9. D

Online supplier of 3 changes worth of Mazda Oil and Filters?

About a year ago there was an online supplier that provided a special consisting of 3 oil changes worth of Mazda Oil and CX-5 filters at a decent price. Does anyone have the link. I searched under sponsors and for sale and can't seem to find the link to the kit. Thanks,
  10. D

Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV vs Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 for dedicated winter tire?

I just scored an extra set of Mazda CX-5 17" rims for dedicated winter tire use. Now I'm starting the gradual search for the best dedicated winter tire for this vehicle. It seems like Blizzak WS80's and Hokian Hakka R2's are the leading contenders. Anyone have any insight into which one does...
  11. D

How to I make a backup Navtek SD Card?

How do I make a backup SD NAV card in the event my original card get's lost or dies. The Mazda Toolbox allows you to backup the SD card contents to a file but the file can only be restored to the original SD card. That won't do any good if the original card dies. I'd like to make a spare card...
  12. D

Are there compelling performance mods for the 2.5??

Almost every vehicle I've owned has had some basic performance mods that offer really good bang for the buck. It's typically Tune, Intake and Exhaust related. I don't see much discussed for the CX-5/2.5. Are there compelling performance mods that register in the "butt dyno" but are easy on...
  13. D

WTB: Set of 17" CX-5 Rims (for dedicated winter tires)

Anyone have a set of 4 CX-5 OEM rim takeoffs for sale? I'm starting a gradual search for a set to use for winter only tires. Need pickup close to Portland, OR or willingness to ship. If so, send me a PM.
  14. D

What's the most aggressive winter tire for year round use?

Just seeking opinions on 17" all seasons that are designed to perform well in most winter situations. Yes, I know dedicated winter and summer sets are best but just curious who makes an all season with a focus on winter. (Nokian???)
  15. D

No switched 12V outlet??

I'm trying to use a Garmin GPS unit but my CX-5 doesn't appear to have a switched 12V outlet. There's an always on 12V outlet in the rear console but only USB ports in the front. Am I missing something or is this how it is? Garmin's go into PC mode when plugged into USB ports and I really...
  16. D

What's the ordering process like??

It's really tough to find the exact color combo, trim and options I want in dealer inventory. I really don't want to make too many compromises. Are CX-5's built in Japan? Do dealers typically take factory orders? Is it just a matter of waiting for the boat to sail? What's your experience...
  17. D

CX-5: How's the AWD do in winter? Is it fun to drive?

Backgrund: I want to sell my '12 2dr Jeep Wrangler and am shopping for a small SUV with AWD. (My Jeep just doesn't have any room, the ride is just too harsh for everyday driving and I just don't do any offroading) I want good winter AWD performance, some fun to drive and room for my Golden...
Back