Search results

1. A

2016 CX5 Stereo build

I actually have these subs and fiberglass box for sale now as I sold my car. If anyone is interested. It is in the for sale section: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123870098-2016-Mazda-CX5-Fiberglass-Subwoofer-boxes-with-or-with-out-subs-JL-Audio-10-w3&p=6669234#post6669234
  2. A

2016 Mazda CX5 Fiberglass Subwoofer boxes. with or with out subs. JL Audio 10 w3

For sale Fiberglass boxes with or without JL Audio subwoofers. 10" Will fit in corner cubby of 2016 CX5. Excellent sounding. I will sell one or both with or with out sub. Fiberglass box alone $100 each plus shipping and pp fees Fiberglass box with Sub $200 Each plus shipping and pp fees I can...
  3. A

Finally made several laser cut speaker adapters

The DSP is going to be fed with the stock high level signals, then the DSP has RCA outputs. I will then feed all the new speakers actively from the amps. I drew up the rear speakers today. Pictures to follow after I make them.
  4. A

Will do. The are made of Acrylic so I believe they will hold up. Might be a little while as I am waiting on some amps before installing.
  5. A

I was finally able to work on my own car! Laser'd out the front two dash speaker adapters. I have an DSP and will be running active. Tweeters will go into the front dash, 6.5 mid bass in the doors & Coaxes on the rear doors. Let me know what you think of the adapters. Made out of acrylic...
  6. A

2016 CX5 Stereo build

Yes it is installed but I need to finish sanding it and wrap it with vinyl or something. It sounds excellent. I am pretty happy with the way it sounds. I will try and post up some pictures of it in the next couple of days.
  7. A

2016 CX5 Stereo build

You have it installed? Can I see a picture of it?
  8. A

2016 CX5 Stereo build

It is dye. We use that because I have seen the regular fiberglass have splits, spaces, cracks or whatever. When it is the natural color it is very hard to see all the weaknesses. With it colored you can see what is covered and what is not. I learned this trick from a VIP builder here in the...
  9. A

2016 CX5 Stereo build

Yep, that looks like a nice speaker. I would love to hear how it sounds first hand. I had my 10w3's out of my last SUV so I wanted to reuse it instead of spending more money.
  10. A

2016 CX5 Stereo build

Thanks Skorpio, That is a good idea, but if you ever did any type of fiberglass work, it is messy. I think If I had thought about that earlier, I still wouldn't do it. But if someone did do it, I'd understand why. Nice thinking outside of the box though.
  11. A

2016 CX5 Stereo build

Ride92, they are going to hold 10" woofers. 8" might fit a little better. Depending on which woofers you use, you will still need a fair amount of air space or poly fill. That corner is really not that big "airspace wise". Post up what you build. I'd love to see it.
  12. A

2016 CX5 Stereo build

Sorry been really busy and haven't been on here for awhile. I trimmed the pieces where the cut line of the interior is. I precisely measured out the air space and a lot of air space is needed for my woofers which is a bummer because to get the proper space I will have to use that cavity above...
  13. A

2016 CX5 Stereo build

Fiberglass picture added.
  14. A

2016 CX5 Stereo build

Ops, sorry gary, you might be right there is a light there I think. I was so involved with masking it I didn't notice it. I have decided to do both sides. There was a 12V accessory on the right side so that is why I chose to do the left side.
  15. A

2016 CX5 Stereo build

On my 2016 the rear light and 12V plug is on the right side. I don't have a Light on the left side.
  16. A

2016 CX5 Stereo build

I saw one person with a 10" sub in the back but I don't think that was in a 2016 CX5? Here is the start of mine. Taped up the back corner ready to lay down some fiberglass tomorrow. If you have a build in yours can you post up a link for me to see? Thanks for looking. I will post up progress...
Back