Search results

1. E

Who has done the Apple Carplay/Android Auto upgrade?

I went to my local Mazda dealership for routine maintenance soon after receiving the upgrade kit via eBay. Told guys in the shop that Ill be doing a CarPlay/AA upgrade myself. And they just put some bogus reason like xm issue in their work log to update my firmware to v70. Again this is my...
  2. E

Does your Android Auto Port Actually Charge Your Phone?

My experience with upgrading to CarPlay/AA myself on a 2018 GT is that the connection might be affected when using a third-party/cheap cable. This can be resolved by either using cable provided by OEM or higher third-party ones (like ones from Anker) On the other note, have you ever perform a...
  3. E

Is there such a thing as a "default radio station?"

Mine default to "Praise", thats right, a christian radio channel in my local area, not that I have anything against my fellow christian here but it does get you sometimes when you first started the car and hear just how much Jesus loves you.
  4. E

How to choose the right dash cam for my Mazda CX-5?

My experience is dont go for anything sub $100, they're usually garbage and you will have to replace them with better ones which ended up costing you more dime. the Ankey ones is pretty decent, if you're looking for something higher quality and smaller footprint I'd recommend the new Dashcam 45...
  5. E

Who has done the Apple Carplay/Android Auto upgrade?

Just do a YouTube search for Mazda firmware update and voila. https://youtu.be/jYfH-ikZoUM
  6. E

No GloveBox Light etc. on Canadian Signature?

Not that its related to the topic, but man is that dead pedal cover also came stock?!!?
  7. E

Car & Driver has always been team Mazda

Its really a funny thing how most car reviews are weighted toward minor practicality feature difference and not the actual driving dynamic which is what made car "a car" in the first place... Always enjoy reading reviews from C&D as its written with driver in mind.
  8. E

2019 Floor Mats?

Not at all, been using it for more than a year now and no issue at all.
  9. E

2019 Floor Mats?

Not really sure what you meant but there's an additional area that extend beyond the left side of the pedal, its pretty snug and will require a bit effort to remove the mat.
  10. E

Hyundai Santa fe?

I for one think its very likely Mazda will have 8.8 in screen in all of their upcoming vehicles. Mazda, like alot of smaller maunfacturers, does not have the resource to do R&D and produce compoments for each model so instead all parts are heavily shared to save cost so it only make sense for...
  11. E

Has anyone looked into 2019 Signature retrofits?

Would be interested to see if I can get the assembly for the new wood trim for my 18, the first impression I had sitting in the new 19 is how dark the whole space become with the new dark grey roof liner, in regular daylight condition everything looked dark and new "real wood" trim piece just...
  12. E

2019 Floor Mats?

If you want your cargo liner to match the floor mat then you will need to get the "All-weather mat", the OEM premium one( Canada only) isnt hard rubber material and are textured a bit differently.
  13. E

2019 Floor Mats?

One quirk I want to mention about the floor mats for the backseat: If you happen to own a set of OEM "all-weather mat" for the 2013-2016 model, the backseat mats actually fit the 2017-2019 model year perfectly. Although they do looked mis-matched with the front seat ones I have (3Dmaxider) but...
  14. E

2019 Floor Mats?

Yes 3DMaxpider made the Mazda premium so the material is idenitical, but I went with 3DMaxpider ones for it's simple look and PRICE, it's selling on Amazon.ca for about 50 bucks cheaper than the OEMs, not much but its something. :)
  15. E

2019 Floor Mats?

Oops sorry my American friends, it seems that the premium mat that 3DMaxpider produced is only available in Canada (see link below) https://mazdashop.ca/products/premium-floor-liners-1st-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018-2019 The main difference between the all-weather and premium ones is cover for dead...
  16. E

Android Auto / Apple Carplay tips and tricks

Might be a stupid question but I have yet to figure it out, in AA google map, how does one select the alternative route?!! Ive tried all buttons and no avail, please help!
  17. E

Aftermarket LED scuff plate?

Same here. Would love to know where to get this one. Looks much better than the one I found on AliExpress
  18. E

Android Auto won't work with Pixel Phones

Just installed the kit with your video instructions. THANK YOU SIR! :)
  19. E

2017~2024 Apple Carplay Update cost

I asked my dealership to update the head unit for me while doing 20k maintainence and just got the kit off ebay for 155USD plus shipping. NEVER worked on this car before and only took me about close to 30 mins to finish the install with the help of a youtube video. Its dead easy and doesnt...
  20. E

Android Auto won't work with Pixel Phones

Same here, I have an "essential phone PH-1" and it only started to work AFTER I "reset" the infortainment system. Also to look into is that its recommended to use with the original data/charging cable not third-party ones
Back