Search results

1. N

Bad fuel mileage 2000 protege

Hey guys, My 2000 1.6L standard protege used to get good mileage. I remember it was about 11.6 KM/L and 12 KM/L which is almost 30 MPG. That's what it is supposed to get. Now i seem to only be getting 8.75 KM/L which is around 20 MPG.... Now it is supposed to get 31 on highway and 25 in the...
  2. N

Noises after axle, hub and knuckle install (2000 Mazda Protege)

Hello Guys, I have a 2000 Protege 1.6L standard. It has 184500 KM on it. In the summer I replaced the clutch. It was harder than I had anticipated and I damaged the rubber boot on the outer CV joint on the driver’s side. I thought ohh I know I’ll need to fix it. So I priced the rubber boot and...
  3. N

Issue with bogging, no check engine light

Hey fellow Mazda owners, So i have a 2000 Mazda protege 1.6L standard. It has 167000 KM on it. I had an issue with the car that threw a too much fuel code. I fixed it by replacing the rubber boot thing that was behind the MAF sensor. I guess it had cracks in it that allowed air into the car...
  4. N

Check engine light is on

Hey guys, I have a 2000 Mazda Protg. It has 1620,000 KM on it and runs mostly well. However the check engine light was intermittingly coming on and now it stays on all the time. Also if I give the car wide open throttle it will hesitate around 4000 RPM before continuing to climb. Also I think...
Back