Search results

1. R

2010 Mazda 3 Hatch, GT, Headlight Assembly Replacement Part

My 2010 Mazda 3 GT has a blown headlight and the assembly has condensation inside it. Obviously it's not sealed. My dealer said it will cost ~ $900 Canadian for a new assembly. It has the levelling adjustment as original equipment. I see the Canadian model (daylight running lights, with self...
  2. R

Trouble Reading with Safari Desktop

I am posting from my iPhone because the forum will not load on my Mac running the latest operating system and the latest version of Safari. I have the coloured beach ball spinning and have had so for five minutes. This has happened each time Ive tried to read the forums recently. I cant see...
  3. R

Faint Gasoline Smell After Fuel Filler Recall

About a month ago I had the fuel filler recall item fixed while my vehicle was in for routine service. Since then I have sometimes smelled a faint gasoline smell inside the vehicle. I can see no leaks. The smell is faint but persistent. I'm taking it in to have the dealer's service department...
  4. R

AWD Experience

I will seldom drive my CX-5 off road, and seldom will again. But last week I avoided a 1 hour delay by turning out of a dead-stop traffic jam several miles long and driving through a deep ditch to a parallel road with zero traffic. Three 4wd vehicles did this before I tried it. 2 breezed through...
  5. R

2015 Nav - some functions suddenly greyed out

The NAV in my 2015 CX-5 has been fully functional in the year since I bought the car used (1 year old when purchased). I converted ownership of the NAV system just after I bought it and have received reminders from TomTom to update the maps. On a recent trip I tried entering a new destination...
  6. R

4 Toyo A23 Tires, 225/55/R19 99V All Season with 77% Tread Remaining - SOLD

4 Toyo A23 Tires, 225/55/R19 99V All Season with 77% Tread Remaining For local sale only in Metro Vancouver - 4 Toyo A23 All Season, M+S tread, V-speed-rated. TIRES ONLY. No wheels included. P225/55R19 99V (150 mph max.). 77% of legal tread remaining, good for another ~ 75,000 km. Very good...
  7. R

Regular Maintenance at Dealer or Independent?

When I was a starving student I did all my own work on cars, but from the time I bought my first new car, I've have 90% of the maintenance and repairs done at dealers. I think this has the following advantages when you find a good dealer: They work only on one brand of car, and have deep...
  8. R

Need Alignment When Installing New Tires?

My 2015 has 21,500 km on it. The existing tires show no signs of uneven wear. However, the tire store "recommends" I have the alignment done with the new tire installation. I have the feeling they sell the tires for a very low price intending to make up the profit on the sale with extra...
  9. R

Conti TrueContact on Sale, Canada

225/55H-19 on sale at Canadian Tire for $Can 183.97 (~$134.30 US). Back ordered but worth the wait at that price.
  10. R

2015 CX5 Adaptive Headlights - How Do I Know They're Working Properly?

My 2015 has adaptive headlights. It's an AWD GT. I can see the headlights changing direction as I drive on a dark, winding road, but I'm not sure they're both "adapting". Driving straight with the lights on low beam, I can see a sharp cutoff for low beam, and both headlights seem to be aligned...
  11. R

2015 CX-5 Tom Tom Isn't So Bad . . .

I wondered how good/bad the TomTom nav system was in my 2015. I've been using a Garmin NUVI for 5 years, and got quite accustomed to it. I've also used Waze (a smartphone app with traffic reporting) and the iPhone Drive app that comes with all iPhones. Recently I had to drive across town at...
  12. R

Where to get Theft-Resistant Bolts for Thule Vertex Hitch Rack?

I bought a Vertex bike rack that fastens to my trailer hitch. The bolt hole in the tongue of the rack is threaded so the rack can be very tightly bolted through a hole in the hitch receiver. When properly torqued on, it holds my bike very securely. And with my Abus Granite U-lock, I can lock the...
  13. R

Link to 2015 CX-5 Owners Manual and NAV Supplement, Canadian Model

Can't seem to find these. Anyone know where they can be downloaded? UPDATED: FOUND
  14. R

Changing ownership of Nav card after purchasing used 2015 CX-5

I bought a 2015 CX-5 from a Mazda dealer in April 2015. It was the service manager's personal vehicle for a year. Recently the Nav unit prompted me to download free upgrades. I installed TomTom home on my computer, removed the card from my Mazda, and inserted it in my computer. It started...
Back