Search results

1. M

Smartphone USB Port Doesn't Charge Phone

Or at least it seems that way on my 2020 Signature. If that is so it seems a bizarre choice for smartphone integration. Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. M

Weather Warnings on 2020 Signature?

I been getting weather warnings popping up on the infotainment screen of my new 2020 Signature. None have been useful; a flash flood warning 2 counties away is not information I need. I'd like to turn them off, but I can't find where they are coming from. I went through the menus of both the car...
  3. M

Does smartphone USB port also charge phone?

I just got a 2020 Signature and hooked my iPhone to the car via the dedicated smartphone USB port in the center console. The data connection is fine, but the USB port does not seen to be charging the phone. I can't believe that's the way it was designed to work. I just using a generic USB to...
  4. M

Disable Database Artist Name Retrieval

I listen almost exclusively to audiobooks while driving. I find it mildly irritating that whatever database the Mazda infotainment system uses often changes the name of the book's author to some similar, but incorrect, name. I'm guessing this happens because the database mainly contains music...
  5. M

Flexible Oil Change Duration Change

On my 2016 CX-5 when I selected Flexible as the oil change duration the monitor just gave a percentage of oil life. I just took delivery of a 2020 Signature and when I selected the Flexible oil change duration option (actually it was the default choice) it gave me a 7,000 mile duration, rather...
  6. M

Signatures in short supply?

After over 80K completely trouble free miles in a 2016 CX-5, and in light of some unbelievable financing deals Mazda has on offer, I visited my local dealer in Central Illinois to see about purchasing a 2020 Signature. Though I really like Soul Red, I don't want to deal with that paint color's...
  7. M

What's Likely To Change For 2020?

My 2016 CX-5 just turned over 70,000 miles and I'm kind of thinking of trading up to the Signature trim. About once a week I do an interstate merge where a few more ponies under the hood would make things less stressful. The 2016 runs just fine and I'm in no great rush to make a trade. Based on...
  8. M

'16 USB Not Charging Phone

Neither of the USB ports on '16 with Tech Package will charge my iPhone. I tried a Lightning cable from a home charger which does work and still no charging. I think a data connection is being made thru the USB cable. Is there a fuse somewhere I should be checking? Thanks.
  9. M

Map Cost?

I just installed my last free map update--my free 3 years of updates expires next month. So what will happen when I log onto Mazda Tools after the deadline expires? Will I be offered the chance to purchase additional updates through that program or are purchases made elsewhere? Are the charges...
  10. M

"No Playable File Found" with iOS and '16 CX-5

While driving a rental car last week I listened to part of an audiobook I had synced to my iPhone in iTunes. The rental car had CarPlay (pretty slick--in a Chevy no less) which made the audiobook easy to find and play. When I got back home I plugged the iPhone into my '16 CX-5 and picked the...
  11. M

Pirelli Cinturato P7 225/55R19 Tire On Sale at Walmart.com

For $147.67 each. Free shipping to store. $12 each to mount and balance. This is the best deal I could find. About $20 per tire cheaper than TireRack. I got a bit over 40K on the original Toyos but wanted some good tread for the upcoming winter.
  12. M

Can All US Dealers Order Mazda Moly Oil?

I'm thinking of going with the metered oil change interval at my next oil change. The dealer sells a synthetic, but no doubt it is the cheapest they can find. Is the recommended Mazda Moly oil a standard order item that any US dealer can order for a customer? Thanks.
  13. M

Map Cost After 3 Free Years?

Can you buy a new subscription or do you pay per update? I guess it will be over a year before even early purchasers of the new CX-5 run into this problem but wonder if Mazda has announced how they plan to handle this.
  14. M

Simple Stick-On Glove Box Light?

Does anyone know a source for one. I'm thinking a small battery powered LED with spring loaded on-off switch that will turn the light on when the door is opened. I found some larger ones for residential closets, but nothing small enough for a glove box. I can't believe someone does not make such...
  15. M

Why Does CX-5 Change Artist Name?

I'm listening to a MP3 audio book by Robert Galbraith (pen name of Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling when she writes mystery novels) As you can see in the attached file, the audio system in my '16 with Bose has changed the author's name to Robert Crais, who I think is a musician of some stripe...
  16. M

Moly Oil From Mazda Factory?

Just curious to learn if Mazda puts their excellent moly oil in new engines from the factory.
  17. M

Turtle Wax Scratch Repair Kit

Last weekend I stupidly put a couple of scratches on the fender of my '16 putting the lawn mower away. They are not very deep and as far as I can see only affect the clearcoat. In the past I have had a body shop guy buff out similar scratches, which were pretty much invisible when he was done...
  18. M

Where is flasher module in 2016 CX-5 GT?

I'm thinking of putting LED's into the front and rear turn signals of my 2016 GT with the tech package. Rather than trying to mount load resistors, I thought I'd just replace the flasher module with one compatible with LED's. The problem is is that I have no idea where the flasher module is. If...
  19. M

Wheels Covered With Plastic Film From Factory?

I gave my '16 GT its first good cleaning yesterday. It looked like one of the wheels had a clear plastic film on it, which is starting to peel away. Is that the case and, if so, should I remove it? My car got a very cursory pre-delivery prep. I checked the tire pressure and all tires were 10+...
  20. M

Wheels Covered With Plastic Film From Factory?

I gave my '16 GT its first good cleaning this evening. It looked like one of the wheels had a clear plastic film on it, which is starting to peel away. Is that the case and, if so, should I remove it? My car got a very cursory pre-delivery prep. I checked the tire pressure and all tires were 10+...
Back