Search results

1. J

2007~2015 Advanced Key less Entry not operating

All, I have a 2014 CX9 with the Advanced Key less Entry. The key less entry and key less starting has stopped working. My wife lost one of the key fobs, so I cant tell if it is the fob or something else. I have read on this forum that the Key less entry antenna often is a reason for the...
  2. J

Oil Change

Just thought I would add my 2 cents here. Unfortunately, you can not trust quick oil or dealers to do anything correctly. I will change my own oil on my new 2015 CX9 because I dont trust anyone....I used to race Porches and did all the work myself. My tow vehicle was a chevy suburban. The...
  3. J

Tire and Wheel warranty

So the pothole are horrendous around here and I have literally been afraid to drive the car...I know I should have plenty of sidewall, but I called and talked them down to $400 for a 5 year replacement warranty, no deductible....I hate giving the dealer any more of my money, but its piece of...
  4. J

2007~2015 How to get to the CX-9 spark plugs?

Oh and by the way, I'm pretty sure you HAVE to do the plugs on the CX9 yourself. I guarantee 90 of the crooks out there will just do the ones they can access and be done with them...how are you going to know?
  5. J

2007~2015 How to get to the CX-9 spark plugs?

Man, I got to tell you reading about how this engine is shoe-horned in, really bothers me. I just got a 2014 CX9 but also have a 2005 ML350 which is not really none for their reliability, but with a conventional north to south engine design, repairs are pretty easy. I did the water pump at...
  6. J

Who has got the highest mileage CX-9 out there?

$250 for plugs? wow....do it yourself...
  7. J

New 2015 cx9 (and Mazda) owner

I'm a car guy, so I knew that the CX9's had some type of transmission issue and thus we never looked at them. Went on the they're website and saw they we're giving $4K off...looked into the transfer case issue and then decides to go with a FWD. I really had my mind set on an Explorer, but...
  8. J

New 2015 cx9 (and Mazda) owner

Hey 911, ( is that a Porsche reference?) Im in NJ myself....I looked around a lot and we ended up with a 2014 leftover..we just purchased it 3 weeks ago...liked the Highlander, but thought it rode hard and was stupid expensive...was tempted by the Hyundai because of the warranty, but after 3...
  9. J

Is the Transfer Case issue resolved or not?

I here you...even though we had a terrible winter, here in jersey we maybe have 5 days where we need AWD....I have an ML350 that I can use then if I need to...I bought the CX9 because it was the best riding, nicest looking, and sweetest interior I could get for the money I spent
  10. J

P0733, P0734, AT and Check Engine 2010 CX9 Help!!!!

Actually it isn't.>>its 7 years 90,000 transfer case ONLY
  11. J

Tire and Wheel warranty

Thanks Guys, I live in a Jersey myself and did some work in the Bronx...took the 2005 ML350 but was glad I did> Huge potholes, but that has 17's on it....I think from speaking with u the 18 will by fine. Thanks Guys
  12. J

Tire and Wheel warranty

so no one has destroyed an 18 inch wheel from a pothole?
  13. J

Transfer case fluid replacement - I say YES for a 2012 CX-9 AWD (details below)

The issue with dealers not wanting to do this is all about the money. 1. If Mazda doesn't have a standard time rate or service bulletin showing how to do this (which they wouldn't if they don't recommend it) then they wont know what to bill 2. If the dealer replaces your transfer case, they...
  14. J

I think Mazda recommends replacement plugs at 60K which surprised me...my ML says 90K, I'm at 118K and haven't done them yet
  15. J

Consensus on all weather mats

I know I am being anal here, but the weathertechs have a piece the covers the middle strip between the sliders in the 2nd row. OEM does not
  16. J

Just purchased a CX-9. Only my second Japanese vehicle. I keep my vehicles forever, do all the maintenance myself, and hope to do the same with this vehicle. Here are the vehicles I have had over the years and the mileage before I got rid of them. 1984 300ZX - sold at 185,000...
  17. J

New to me 09 CX9 GT

looks nice!!! Congrats
  18. J

So I checked... no sales tax and free shipping at the Mazda Med Center. That makes the Weather Tech mats pretty steep. $109 + $18 = $128 versus $75.00 for the Mazda ones....$53 difference, plus they'll all match
  19. J

Yea, the only up side I see to the weathertech in the 2nd and 3rd row is that it has a bit of lip to hold the spoodge in....does anyone know if the MedCenter Mazda on line store charges tax?
  20. J

Hey guys, Been looking at various threads and think I have a clear idea of what many recommend on the all weather mats, 1. Weather Tech front row due to fit and wear 2. Mazda all weather 2nd and 3rd for better fit 3. Mazda rear cargo tray because it covers the rear of the 3rd row..( I love...
Back