Search results

1. A

WTB Auxmod

Are you still looking for this? I am trading in my Tribute in the next couple weeks and will have one to get rid of.
  2. A

Satalite radio antenna mounting

antenna placement When I did mine, ran the wire between the top of the hatch and the top of the hatch opening on the right side and just placed the receiver antenna between the roof rack crossbars. From there I tucked the wire under the plastic panels in the back of the hatch area. I then...
  3. A

WTB - 6 Hub Caps

I am looking for a set of 16" hub caps from a 6. If anyone has upgraded to a set of rims and has those pesky hubcaps taking up space hit me up. I am willing to pay a reasonable price for a set of four in good condition.
  4. A

What have you done to your P5 today?

What happens in like two days when you have 11 feet of snow on the ground? I really like the way those look.
  5. A

Turtle Wax ICE products=waste of money

I have both the ice polish and the liquid claybar. I bought the claybar product before I saw another thread on here about the product. In that other thread the liquid claybar was trashed by just about everyone. So I figured that I had wasted $15 before I even used it. I figured that since I...
  6. A

VACATION!!!! pics?

It's not my car, but I saw it on vacation We saw this on Grand Cayman. I also saw a Skyline there but I didn't have my camera at the ready.
  7. IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

8. IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

9. A

high gas prices???

I got gas at that same station on Friday. Guess the fact that they didn't have their prices posted on a sign out front should have been the first hint that I was about to get ripped off.
  10. A

stupid truck. Crack windshield

We just had the windsheild on our 6 replaced last week. We have a 0 deductible glass coverage on the insurance policy. We called the insurance company they had us call a glass replacement hot line and they set up for them to come out to the house and change it out. They bill the insurance...
  11. A

Another good way is to loosen the lug nuts, not too awful much. Then drive around for a bit. A guy I work with that used to be a mechanic said that is a sure fire way to get them separated.
  12. A

A new one is less that $20 from the dealer. I did the exact same thing with some armor all that was left on for too long. You could also try using some plastic polish and you may be able to polish it well enough to not need to replace it.
  13. A

Is it possible...

I know the dealer can get a reprint of the original window sticker, not saying that they actually would do it for you or anything. Perhaps if you call Mazda NA they can hook you up.
  14. A

3rd gear trouble

If you are still under warranty they may do something for you, but if not you are on your own. The TSB doesn't really mean anything, it does not entitle anyone to a repair. It is merely a procedure for the tech to diagnose and repair an issue. The first time I brought my car in for this...
  15. A

3rd gear trouble

It's a known issue in the 2002 P5's There is a TSB on the issue, do a seach and you can find more info about that. I brought mine to the dealer a few times with the problem and they wouldn't fix it. Eventually it will start popping out of gear, which is fun if you are pulling out fast and it...
  16. A

Question Regarding Warranty

I got new rotors on my tribute after 1000 miles because they were warped. Granted I think I may have warped them during my test drive because during a 60-0 stop to make sure the brakes worked OK. They did, but then they didn't ;-)
  17. A

Question Regarding Warranty

Wear and tear items (pads and rotors) in the braking system are only warrantied for 12 months or 12000 miles. If the rotors are warped, which is what it sounds like, then you're on your own. Don't have the dealer do the work though because they will rip you off.
  18. A

Rag Top P5?

I'm thinking he should set up a video camera during the dremel tool cutting process, that should make for some interesting video on youtube...
  19. A

Warranty options

Mazda does have a factory extended warranty program. I bought it new when I got my P5 in 2002. I was able to transfer it over to my Tribute when I bought that last January. I think the dealer it trying to divert you into the higher profit lower coverage third party warranty. Here is some...
  20. A

Server moved!!!!!

faster DNS cache clearing For you windows folks, go to a command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns and that will get rid of any old cached dns info. If you're still not getting the new info you'll have to wait until this record expires from their cache. A tip from a former DNS admin at an...
Back