Search results

1. G

CRC intake valve cleaner experience

Today I used the CRC intake valve cleaner for the first time. I have 28K miles and have had a rough idle and rough acceleration, so I decided to try an intake valve cleaner and bought the CRC product. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PHNQKR2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I...
  2. G

Ipsos survey

I received an invitation to go online and fill out a survey about my CX-5 from an organization called IPSOS. Has anyone heard of them? A Google search didn't reveal much, but I may be doing it wrong.
  3. G

Mazda photo

Digital Photography Review hosts picture competitions. The winning entry for "Motorized transportation" is a Mazda MX-5. Good pic. https://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Challenge.aspx?ID=12841&View=Results&Rows=4
  4. G

Trans fluid low

I checked my trans fluid for the first time today. There is a video on you-tube about it. I warmed the engine and then removed the aircleaner box to get access to the dip stick. The fluid is just a little bit below the lower line, but very close. Should I buy some Mazda trans fluid to bring it...
  5. G

Best CUV for towing

My fishing buddy has a 2009 Honda Accord with 125k miles and frequently tows a fishing boat (about 1000 lbs total and about 100 lbs tongue wt.). He is thinking about a new car and asked me about my CX-5 and towing. I don't know about towing, but the threads about trans problems makes me wary to...
  6. G

Pennzoil sale for DIY

Amazon has a 5 qt. bottle of Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20 motor oil on sale for $22.97 with a $3.33 instant coupon for Prime members (free shipping with Prime). Pennzoil has a $2 per qt. rebate going until the end of the year. Amazon does charge sales tax. That means a 5 qt. jug of oil should be less...
  7. G

0W-20 Quaker State $2.49/qt.

For those in the midwest USA and change their own oil, Menard's has a sale on 0W-20 Quaker State for $4.99 with a $2.50 rebate for a price after rebate of $2.49/qt. Maximum purchase for the rebate is 18 qts. I was there for something else and happened to notice what I thought was a good price. I...
  8. G

Strut tower bars

A few questions for anyone here that has installed strut bars. I have not found any strut reenforcing bars listed to fit mt 2015 CX-5 GT for sale on the internet. Do the strut bars listed to fit a 2012 CX-5 fit the 2015 CX-5? Is there a difference between a 2.0L CX-5 and a 2.5L CX-5 chassis...
Back